News 3D printing news.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
http://3dprintingindustry.com/2016/...ed:+3dPrintingIndustry+(3D+Printing+Industry)

Airbus Opens Aerospace 3D Printing Factory in Germany
The Airbus A350 XWB aircraft is set to be the most 3D printed plane in history, carrying over 1,000 plastic endparts from Stratasys, a partially 3D printed engine from Rolls-Royce, 3D printed fuselage and engine pylon parts from Alcoa, as well as components from Materialise and possibly even a 3D printed partition inspired by mold. With all of this 3D printing, the defense giant is going to need more 3D printing facilities, which is why they’ve just opened a 3D printing center in Germany with the Ludwig Bolköw Campus.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
http://3dprintingindustry.com/2016/...ed:+3dPrintingIndustry+(3D+Printing+Industry)

Odd situation, must have some background to it. I use Paypal occasionally, I suppose they are behaving like a bank. Hadn't thought of them that way.

N.

A large terabyte nasty for a bank. The business model of their customers should not be of their concern. Otherwise, we would be full of banks who would have to admit that their customers are selling drugs and weapons worldwide.

This all sounds more like Paypal is acting like a credit card company. Keeping a blank $80,000 though reserved for potential damages is plain theft.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I'm surprised its legal, just changing conditions unilaterally and little notice?

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm surprised its legal, just changing conditions unilaterally and little notice?

N.

It is possible - I know that my bank had threatened me during my study times to take actions because my bank balance was constantly oscillating between + and - €400 at the end.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, banks are wonderful when you have money. Don't want to know when you need money for a new roof...

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yes, banks are wonderful when you have money. Don't want to know when you need money for a new roof...

N.

Exactly... They love giving out loans to people who actually don't need one. But if you need a loan.....

Hardly surprising that the economy is going down the drain now, because many companies started to learn from the harsh treatment by the banks in the past and use their own money in first place.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I hadn't thought much about banks till I did need a loan. The group of flats I live in has a service charge, as usual, for ongoing maintenance. Obviously, major repairs are needed occasionally, and the freeholder decided we needed a new roof a few years ago. It came to £7000 each.
I didn't have that sort of money lying around, and thought it would be easy to get a loan. I've paid my mortgage off, never been in debt, had a good job, got a good pension. Asset rich, cash average.
I won't bore you any longer, but no-one would lend me the money. Wouldn't lend me half! Seems I don't have a credit rating, as my credit card isn't used much.
Taught me a lesson, and I now have several gold bars under my mattress...

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Turbo-pump! That's what I like to see, must get one for Xmas.

Sadly, such a 3D printer is a tiny bit on the expensive side. Especially in terms of electricity... I would know quite a few problems I could solve by simply using a laser sintering device here. Especially problems regarding old motorcycles. But a SLS printer currently starts at 9000€ .... for a professional system, I would need to sell my car and potentially also a kidney.

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I have been looking at 3d printer kits, lot out there, but too expensive at the moment. Worth keeping an eye on, good fun to play with I think.

On another note, can anyone see anything happening in the rocket test video in #51 above? I see a flare-stack thing in the background, but nothing around the engine.

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I have been looking at 3d printer kits, lot out there, but too expensive at the moment. Worth keeping an eye on, good fun to play with I think.

On another note, can anyone see anything happening in the rocket test video in #51 above? I see a flare-stack thing in the background, but nothing around the engine.

N.

Can't see the video here and can't locate it on my smartphone... is it on youtube and if yes, what is the title?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Not much to see there, because it is a turbopump test, but you can hear it. Also it looks like the methane is pumped into the flue stack, with a reasonable delay it really gets hot there.

Now I want to do a BBQ.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Shame, I like to see a bit of hot gas! Wonder where they are putting the gas-generator exhaust?

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Shame, I like to see a bit of hot gas! Wonder where they are putting the gas-generator exhaust?

N.

I would say into the long tube running out - Methane and 2xO2 burn into 2xH2O and CO2, at proper temperatures. Both should be invisible.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Looks a bit unsuitable for heavy metal....