40 years to the day of the moon landing and look what we have restored!

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Since Bart Sibrel bets his life on fake moon landings, he would've probably died 40 years ago. Thank you Mr. Aldrin for your fist ;)!

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That conclusion is illogical and disprovable:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

On Thursday, February 15th 2001 (and replayed on March 19), the Fox TV network aired a program called ``Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?''... The program's conclusion was that the whole thing was faked in the Nevada desert

Fox News Channel did not air it, the Fox TV broadcast network did. Same parent company, but I think they are managed separatly. Fox TV also broadcast things like X-Files and Firefly; it's just a TV station, and the Apollo hoax thing, while irresponsible, was just entertainment. I certainly find other people's stupidity to be entertaining. They won't go away, might as well laugh at them.

Fox News is a whole different species of irresponsible.

And about lack of money being responsible for the loss of those tapes: that's ridiculous. Nobody can argue they had to destroy historically important artifacts because they didn't have enough money. It was simple carelessness with those who stored the tapes without proper tracking and marking in the first place, something which can be done for the cost of a magic marker.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Kaysing theorized NASA sent the Apollo 11 astronauts up in a rocket until it was out of sight, then transferred the lunar capsule and its three passengers to a military cargo plane that dropped the capsule eight days later in the Pacific, where it was recovered. In the meantime, he believed, NASA officials filmed the "moon landing" at Area 51, the high-security military base in the Nevada desert, and brainwashed the astronauts to ensure their cooperation.

Oh, yeah. That sounds plausible. :p

Quite honestly, it would probably have been easier to have really gone to the Moon, than attempt to do that.

------
Here's some videos of Buzz Aldrin punching Bart Sibrel (nice punch, for a 77 year old:p):

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Interesting videos, Pete. Hard to blame the guy for getting angry, especially after all those astronauts went through to get there and come home again. Of course, I'm not condoning punching people in the head, but I think the anger was warranted.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of Buzz Aldrin:
----------

Buzz Aldrin's opinions on the future of manned space exploration:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8131706.stm

Buzz Aldrin answers questions from the public:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8133186.stm

Submit a question for Buzz Aldrin:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/07/17/DI2009071702251.html

Buzz Aldrin on Twitter:

www.twitter.com/therealbuzz

Buzz Aldrin's personal website:

http://buzzaldrin.com

Buzz Aldrin's new rap song, "Rocket Experience" :p

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f7...ocket-experience-w-snoop-dogg-and-talib-kweli

Hilarious video of Ali-G interviewing Buzz Aldrin: :rofl:

Last edited:

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's interesting to see how's the Orbiter, AMSO or NASSP in live during the next few days.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

kino_astroboy

Orbinaut-in-Training
Reaction score
Ever heard of Buzz Aldrin's latest rap? :p:

Get it from iTunes! Proceeds go to charity!

Last edited:

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Yes, this is awesome! And so is the making-of video, too.

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If the landings were fake, You'd think that SOMEONE would have blown the whistle by now surely!

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Apparently, they havn't...and DON'T call me Shirly ;)!

mjessick

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I can only imagine it might even get worse in the HD age even though the recordings are digital - they are so much larger.

We have a new HD video system to record tests in our facility at work. With 1 hr HD tapes for the four main experiment cameras, that is a lot of tapes and a lot of time will be spent capturing it to a lot of hard disk space. Then we have two overview cameras one of which will record onto six 32GB solid state cards. Those overview pictures are getting overwritten each day or we are going to be buried under terabyte hard disks trying to store it all. :)

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Are these Sony DigiBeta HD machines?

N.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can only imagine it might even get worse in the HD age even though the recordings are digital - they are so much larger.

We have a new HD video system to record tests in our facility at work. With 1 hr HD tapes for the four main experiment cameras, that is a lot of tapes and a lot of time will be spent capturing it to a lot of hard disk space. Then we have two overview cameras one of which will record onto six 32GB solid state cards. Those overview pictures are getting overwritten each day or we are going to be buried under terabyte hard disks trying to store it all. :)

I agree. Computer data in today's world doesn't seem as "special" as it did back then, and there's so much of it. The archiving system needs to be subject to rigorous systems engineering practices, like all other aspect of a mission, in order to ensure preservation of the good stuff.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
Oh, yeah. That sounds plausible. :p

Quite honestly, it would probably have been easier to have really gone to the Moon, than attempt to do that.

------
Here's some videos of Buzz Aldrin punching Bart Sibrel (nice punch, for a 77 year old:p):

YouTube - Buzz Aldrin punch ( not-edited )

YouTube - Buzz Aldrin punches Bart Sibrel

Yay, punch his smug little face in Buzz. I love that vid, never fails to bring a smile to my face. Sibrel is such a cretin, hassleing our elderly heroes and making a career out of selling BS.

never, ever **** with Buzz.