garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
LAST time i checked the star is G class whereas the inner hab zone mark is .75 au still to far for f.

habitable zones are funny things. Remember that Earth isn't quite in the habitable zone and it's the C02 in our atmosphere that allows water to be liquid on the surface so don't get too wrapped up in the notion that an exoplanet needs to be right in the middle of the Habitable zone to allow it to have Earth like conditions.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
IIRC, on Earth on average (across entire surface area lit at once), 350 W/m^2 or something around there actually go to heating up the surface. Some of it is reflected, some is scattered in the atmosphere and so on...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
O-F Staff Note: The posts discussing Dyson spheres and energy used to build them by transforming it into matter have been moved to "Dyson spheres and using energy to build them" thread in Space Math & Physics forum.

Please keep this discussion on the topic, which is about Earth sized planets found by Kepler in habitable zone.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
habitable zones are funny things. Remember that Earth isn't quite in the habitable zone and it's the C02 in our atmosphere that allows water to be liquid on the surface so don't get too wrapped up in the notion that an exoplanet needs to be right in the middle of the Habitable zone to allow it to have Earth like conditions.

AT .8AU the planet goes into runaway greenhouse effect so...
ITs still to close...
THE most optimistic theory is that its a ball of supercritical water... WHICH I theory i claim for my addon version...

Stoat

Reaction score
It's a strange set up Kepler 11 With this image the orbits are perfect circles, no data as yet on eccentricities. Has to be though doesn't there.

Attachments

• kepler.jpg
    kepler.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 10