Question A Student of Shuttlefleet 4.8

Greenpilot10

Reaction score
Hello fellow Spacemen,

Having spent many years mastering flight simulators, getting a PPL etc, Ive finally spent the last two years immersing myself in Orbiter. Ive now moved to Shuttle Fleet and, if I may, I have a few questions.
I'm using SF 4.8, with the International Space Station. Its the one where you start with STS-88 and unity. (Thorntons ISS 3.2). This combination seems to be the only one thats stable.
Pylon MFD does not work in this combination. Is Pylon just for STS Payloads? What is Pylon for? Do I really need it? Im really only interested in the ISS missions.

In Mission 1, I managed to deploy the RMS and I entered the series of 6 waypoints for the joint sequence of the arm, using the dialog box. However, it would not let me enter the 6th waypoint. The values were showing up on the OPS mfd, but again, not the 6th value. Any thoughts?

I'm used to detailed, step by step tutorials, but I cannot for the life of me find a step-by-step tutorial on rendevous, station keep and docking with either the ISS or any craft.
I can do it the usual way with Delta etc, but I want to try with whichever MFD's would be reasonably immersive.

Shuttle Fleet! Ive not enjoyed a sim so much in years! Any suggestions on how I can enhansce my combo of Thorntons ISS 3.2 plus SF 4.8?

Thanks guys and sorry for all the questions!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. On Pylon and Pylon mfd. Simply put they allowed the user to move payload and other things. It doesn't really work in 2010 or 2016. The code is out there for someone to fix. What I had to do was take the values and built modules for them.