About me

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Hi it's me again, 2K.

It seems my greatest talent is to inspire people. At least many people say this to me in real and virtual life. Now quote me on that Yay! ;)

I try to keep things clean and simple and well structured but this doesn't seem to be easy for me. Said simple: You might already noticed that I talk way too much! :lol:

To easiest way to get to know me, see my favorites:
Spacecraft: This can't be answered, still seeking
Plane: Messerschmitt 163 (not the average Bf109, anyway I could not handle it I guess)
Helicopter: Loru's upcoming VO-88
Boat: Dehler Delhya 25 (I might be able to handle it, at least on a river)
Car: Would be a Lowrider or at least some retro car (I like US cars, you like german cars I guess)
Submarine: Some Mesh I'm developing at the moment (for VehicleSim)
RC: I have some Helicopters and flying birds (but the helicopters I wont fly since I don't want them to crash)
Favorite whatever vehicle: Pedelec (a modern type electric bycicle – I want one of those)
The ultimate vehicle: A time capsule (now that would be something)

Another interesting thing: I have a Telescope but I'm lazzy using it.

What should I say, a life feels long, up's and down's, been there, done that and stuff. The best way to introduce myself to you could be this:
In my spare time I run a little blog about Simulator games, modding, some state of the art tech and full scale researches. This ain't advertising, I'm just trying give you the right point of view:
http://www.simtech2k.blogspot.com (it's a new blog, only few weeks old).

Profession:
Certified Media Designer for Digital and Print Media, former Art Director + former Marketing Director, Webdeveloper + SEO. But more important I'm a Gamer, Modder, Nerd, Sci-fi Fanboy and historical facts addict.
Right now I work as a Skipper / Captain of a manpowered wooden boat (max. 16 passengers, I'm living near a tourist hotspot, it's a great job and family tradition).

I belong to a creative family, my grandpa and my dad were artists, painters, freaks. Since I can think I was into planes and vehicles, later I found out females are also worth my attention. My parents decided to live in south america so I grew up there. I speak german, english, spanish, some hindi a little of some other things plus fluent nonsense. I love funny thoughts but I could never have the cleverness of british 'punchlining (I often wonder). I'm very open minded when it comes to diversity. Quality is another thing which is very important to me.

My goal here is to share things with you, knowledge, developments and whatever keeps Orbiter on top! You do great, I'm just adapting you like a Borg!

Thanks a lot for having me and for beeing so nice – you must be very open minded and tolerant on the topic "diversity" I guess. :tiphat:

So long...

Last edited:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I noticed you speak a lot of course (as others have, I bet. I do it too anyway), but I like your attitude!
:cheers:

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Welcome aboard d2k.

We can always do with more developers here. I look forward to your further contributions to our progressive environment. :tiphat:

Let us hope that we can inspire you; as well. :thumbup:

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Thanks for the words – I promise I will improve on my talking! I found a really good valve, my blog is the solution against spam (of course, also my real life friends thank me for creating it leaving them alone with my mighty little knowledge). :yes:

By the way: If I produce some kind of "duplicate text content" from double blogging my blog and – uhm, well just few letters in here. ;) I already found a way to organize it. Unfortunately, you guys had to be spammed for days (sorry). From now on only spider bots get spammed *strike!

Inspire me? Of course – You all do, really!!

:hail::hailprobe:

Last edited:

DesertStargazer

Reaction score
Hello & welcome, :thumbup:

I am also new here, so I am trying to make new good friends with new people as well and being active in the forums. I hope we have great time sharing our interests. Thank you for the intro, and looking forward to meet again.

I checked your blog, nice 1st impression. keep up the good work.

Cheers!

-Ahmed