AeroBrakeMFD Accuracy changes as I approach planet

laukejas

Reaction score
I used AeroBrake MFD extensively for Earth deorbiting, but as I'm now trying advanced stuff like aerocapture, aerosling, and so on with other planets, I noticed that AeroBrake MFD has problems with accuracy.

First, when I'm less than 20k seconds away from Pea, it shows my trajectory, all the stuff and so on. But when I approach the altitude of atmosphere model (I believe it's 200 kilometers for Earth), trajectory in MFD changes drastically, usually indicating less effective aerobraking.

This isn't a problem in LEO, because I can adjust my trajectory based on new data. But for example, when I approach Venus with more than 12k/s velocity, and time from entering atmospherical model to Pea is less than 1 minute, it is far too late to do anything, especially in low impulse craft.

Why is this happening? I believe I red in manual that it should happen only the first time with new spacecraft, because Aerobrake MFD needs to try aerodynamics of it. But no matter how many times I tried, different scenarios, spacecraft, all the time I have this problem.

Any advice?