acs and atmospheric control

bemanos

Reaction score
hello while i am tryiing to land suddently the atm control(wing movement-plane like) converts to acs(little rockets)(or asc?) control and iam loosing the control.why this happening,how it will remain in atmospairic control?

thanx

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Landing where?

Screenshot of the problem?

bemanos

Reaction score
landing to earth(anywhere i dont care ,just land to surface) it just suddently change the flyiing control:( should i press a button or something?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Screenshot please.

bemanos

Reaction score
ok cant now must leave,tommorow morning i will get one.
happy easter

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I get what hes saying. Hes flying the DGIV, and the Atmospheric Auto thing comes on and switches control to the RCS.

Just change Atmospheric Auto to the ACS (atmospheric control surfaces, or whatever they're called)

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're flying a DGIV since it changes the controls in a certain mode...

What you need to do is go to the 2D panel with all the buttons (you cycle through the views using F8). In the top left of the panel you'll see a switch with a bunch of modes... Off, Pitch, Elevon & Gear, RCS lin, RCS rot, Atm Auto.

RCS are those "little rockets", acronym for Reaction Control System.

What you wanna do is set it to Elevon & Gear on this button. That will enable the control surfaces. Then you wanna switch to the other view and in the top left corner of the screen click on ROT. That will turn on the RCS rotation mode. You will not have control of the ship at high and low velocities, in atmosphere and space.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
On the left side, there shoudl be a dial, click/right click it to change it to what you want