Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
It's great! the launch tower stays a lot longer as it did in real life:

picture.php

Apollon

Reaction score
So What's New ?
Several Days Ago i Watched a Video and the ''8-Ball'' Was moving In Virtual Cockpit, Not like the 1.19. So does it move here ?

orbekler

Reaction score
Can you post me the specs of your computer? Ill be happy to help

Well, it's just an old laptop with XP SP2, Nvidia Go6400.
The point is that in 1.19 it didn't happen.
For now I re-installed the previous version, I can't imagine orbiter without AMSO.

Mantis

Reaction score
So What's New ?
Several Days Ago i Watched a Video and the ''8-Ball'' Was moving In Virtual Cockpit, Not like the 1.19. So does it move here ?

That's still under development. The manual tells you exactly what has changed - basically some significant improvements to the abort modes as well as a new descent auto-pilot for the CSM during re-entry.

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
ADI ball will be in the next release.

-E

Reaction score
AMSO 1.20 changes my HUD from green to orange (as well as the MFD buttons, but not the MFD's). I've verified the MFD config file has not been changed, any ideas?

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Have you pressed Alt-H, by any chance?

-E

Reaction score
Not only have I forgotten that command, but I somehow did do it, without realizing I did it! (read: Thanks!)

ACSoft

AMSO Founder
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
ATTENTION !!! I have published a patch on my page.

This patch correct a bug happening during 2nd stage separation of Saturn V: the vessel was systematically going to "abort: premature separation" status.

ACS

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This patch correct a bug happening during 2nd stage separation of Saturn V: the vessel was systematically going to "abort: premature separation" status.

ACS

Hi,
does that "abort: premature separation" mean, that I hear the Master-Alarm sound?
I am asking because I have this *after* I've installed the patch...

AMSO 1.20|No alerts during complete ascent
AMSO 1.20-P1|Alarm sound after Tower-Sep.
Can you maybe explain what you've changed?
For now I'll stay at the pre-patched 1.20 version; wich is absolutely great BTW! :tiphat:

/Kuddel

Last edited:

ACSoft

AMSO Founder
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Kudel, the correction I made in the patch has nothing to do with the Master-Alarm sound !!!

Master Alarm is linked with AMSO damage & failure simulation feature and this is a part of the code which wasn't modified AT ALL during the development of 1.20, including the patch P1. It is a pure coincidence that you had Master_alarm or maybe, you have activated in Orbiter Parameters, the option: "Damage & failure simulation" in between and you were very unlucky with the random generator !!! If you want to be sure to not have ANY flight incidents or potentially nasty malfunction which may totally jeopardize your flight, just disable this Orbiter parameter !!!

If you wan't to see the "nasty consequences" of the bug, Launch an Apollo flight from the ground (do the full Saturn V orbitation flight), then make a TLI and do the separation of 3rd stage.

Normally, at that stage, your astronauts should NOT wear anymore the space suit, but you will see it is the case. Now, if you also extract the LM, you will remark that you cannot switch the focus to LM. The reason is that the code believe by error you have aborted the flight with the new abort introduced in 1.20 (the premature separation of 2rd stage).

You can also remark the problem sooner. Just after the separation of 2nd stage, if you open the Orbiter Ship list, you will see that the 2nd stage is named "AS_xxx_lost" (which mean a malfunction and a flight abort) and not "AS_xxx_Stage2" as it should.

Hope this help !

ACS

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello 'ACSoft',

thanks a lot for the detailed explanations!
I am not aware whether I enabled the damage & failure simulation or not.
I am currently at work and can not check (I have to do more home-office :p ) but I am pretty sure that must have been the reason.

I checked both versions only once and therefore it might have been pure "luck".

As soon I'm back home I will double-check (tripple-check maybe).

Again, thanks a million for the explanation

/Kuddel

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Hi again,

I've checked my setup and you were right! I had the "damage & failure simulation" option activated. I checked three complete ascents up to post-TLI and Transposition & Docking and...all worked perfect!:thumbup:

It's funny how "random" always hits the 1 in a million when you don't expect it ;)

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, ...and keep up the good work
Kuddel

Last edited: