Bug AMSO P2 bug

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi Alain,

I have a problem with the P2 patch. When a scenario loads no vessels show up in orbiter 2010. Works fine with the unpatched version.

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Very helpful Xyon. However, as you may discover when you are a bit older and more experienced, it is not always necessary to provide masses of information. Alain may well immediately realise the problem from my brief description - if not - I will be happy to provide more details at that stage.

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
Very helpful Xyon. However, as you may discover when you are a bit older and more experienced, it is not always necessary to provide masses of information. Alain may well immediately realise the problem from my brief description - if not - I will be happy to provide more details at that stage.

Nor is it always necessary to be condescending to someone who's trying to help, especially when their names are in nice bold blue letters like that.

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yes, my apologies if it was a genuine atempt to help. I probably spend so much time dealing with pedants in daily life I can no longer distinguish the difference...

Turbo

Reaction score
Patch works great for me. You sure you updated to the latest version of Orbiter? 2010P1 was recently released, and is a must have for the patch.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

And in turn, as mentioned, very condescending. I have no idea who nor how old you are, nor was it my intention to do anything other than save typing out the same questions I repeatedly find myself asking people posting such vague problem posts time and again, which was indeed the reason I wrote the article.

Orbiter.log and Orbiter.cfg are hardly "masses" of information, rather they are as I'm sure you're aware extremely helpful files when it comes to troubleshooting, and nine times out of ten the answer to your problem is within them, which is why the first question when the contents are not provided is usually "What does Orbiter.log say about it?".

I'm not sure how much more experience you believe I require, nor how much older I need to be to adequately troubleshoot, but rest assured I will refrain from attempting to assist you with technical issues in the future.

Mantis

Reaction score
I've flown AMSO very extensively and the only time I've ever had the autopilot shut down was when I had "damage simulation" enabled and it shut down the AP as if was a system failure. Other than that, it's never done it to me.

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi Xyon, I have already apolgised to you - as I said, an inappropriate comment at the end of a long frustrating day. Please forgive me, it was uncalled for.

The error in the config shows as:

>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module:
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5432]
---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ERROR: AMSO\Apollo
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5433]
----------------------------------------------------

I can run 119 with no problem, and it also ran fine with the first patch - my problem seems to be specific to P2.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
But what is the version of Orbiter?
Please post at least the 2nd line of Orbiter.log too.

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ah ha! Just shows how far behind the times I am! Real life is so damn intrusive! Thank you for your help.

That fixed it. Apologies again for upsetting anyone - we all have bad days...

Last edited: