Update Antares 2.5 coming soon

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Realistic Antares capsule by Forum orbiter Italia is near to an update. In the Antares 2.5 verision several old bugs are fixed and new and interesting features are added:

-new textures for virtual cockpit
-improved simulation FPS value
-more realistic reentry and heat shield textures
-UMMU compatibility improved, with multiple crew members transfer possibilities
-more realistic reentry interface: drogue chutes added
-better crew managment, now users can select crew members and seat position
-Antares Rescue Version finally completed and fully operative

and much more!

Here are some screenshots:

soon more details and a release date!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The image of the cockpit with HUD is from a first version of the mesh. Actually the two new HUD are attached to the ceiling, as you can see from the following image:

antare15.jpg

Reaction score
New design of the external hull, more smooth:

newant11.jpg

Now the main hatch closes exactly in an almost invisible way. The dll is still work in progress, but the oxigen comsumption bug is solved.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Alright! With the O2 consumption bug fixed, I can put this in new Antares Modules into service to get crew up to my space station!

Ark

Reaction score
Is it still rigged to kill you if you sit on the launch pad for more than 30 minutes?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I can feel a lot of hard-work there ! Keep it on ! :thumbup:

Ark

Reaction score
why that sarcasm?

Not sarcasm, a legitimate concern I've had since the first release. The solar panel timeout thing runs any time the vessel is present in a scenario, meaning you can't sit there and wait for a launch window with a custom launcher for more than 30 minutes without the ship being disabled. Seems like that timer shouldn't run when you're landed or in atmosphere, right now it's just rigged to run as soon as the vessel is spawned.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
a custom launcher

Ah, OK. Before, you have forgot to specify this.
We never said that Antares has a full compatibility with all the launchers, but, with the launcher designed for it, don't suffer of this problem, i think.

Ark

Reaction score
Ah, OK. Before, you have forgot to specify this.
We never said that Antares has a full compatibility with all the launchers, but, with the launcher designed for it, don't suffer of this problem, i think.

No, the included launcher is fine because the system is build around multistage spawning the craft into existence at the end of the launch sequence.

It seems like an incredibly easy thing to fix, just a line to check whether it's landed or in atmosphere before starting the timer. There's no reason to rig it so that nobody could possibly use anything else but multistage to launch it.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Not sarcasm, a legitimate concern I've had since the first release. The solar panel timeout thing runs any time the vessel is present in a scenario, meaning you can't sit there and wait for a launch window with a custom launcher for more than 30 minutes without the ship being disabled. Seems like that timer shouldn't run when you're landed or in atmosphere, right now it's just rigged to run as soon as the vessel is spawned.

I'm sure that the new Antares release will fix this problem! Now i force the ship to be disabled only if altitude is above a certain level!:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Another bug fix: fuel fill with no problems after rocket launch, solving the old zero fuel level after separation

Ark

Reaction score
I'm sure that the new Antares release will fix this problem! Now i force the ship to be disabled only if altitude is above a certain level!:thumbup:

Sweet, that should help nicely. :thumbup:

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
We're working on an ALR-4 mission, a manned Venus flyby adding an habitat module for the 14 months trip. Here some screenshots:

venus_10.jpg

venus_11.jpg

This mission will be a great chance to test all new antares featueres

Mantis

Reaction score
Great Job! I just finished another successful ISS mission with Antares 2.0 and it is one of my favorites. I can't wait for 2.5. It looks incredible.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
New update: Acces GateWay A added:

gatewa10.jpg

gatewa11.jpg

it provides crew acces to all Jarvis manned launchers

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ahh, so the hab module is launched seperately from the Antares CSM? Will add a nice bit of challenge for the pilot. Going to be fun doing some rendezvous in the Antares 2.5

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
If this comes out on Christmas, I really will have a new toy, it's looking awesome!