OHM Antares Manned Spacecraft 2.51

wingnut

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You can add an IDS frequency to it in the scenario editor:

• Press Ctrl + F4 and select 'Scenario Editor' (it needs to be enabled in the Modules section of the Orbiter Launchpad)
  • Select the Torricelli from the list and use the 'Edit' button
  • Open the docking window by pressing the 'Docking' button
  • Then you only need to select the 'IDS frequency' checkbox

Set the NAV MFD to the frequency you just assigned to Torricelli and select this very receiver in the Docking MFD (how to do this exactly can be found in the Orbiter manual).

If you have further trouble feel free to post a scenario file you were using for investigation.

romanasul

Reaction score
I'm getting an unusual problem with the Antares. When I try to deploy the solar panels after separation the space craft just becomes unresponsive and nothing works.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
It's a weird problem. What version of Orbiter you are running? Tried a clean installation?
Maybe is not a problem. The spacecraft has a limited autonomy with solar panels closed. If you wait too long for deploy the solars, you go undervolt and the spacecraft can "die". See the manual.

Sadly Antares will not have further updates or bug-corrections because the code was made by our member Fausto, that has vanished and has taken the code with him...
This is why Antares and Eridanus no longer has updates and the work on Arcturus lunar lander and Gaia space station has stopped indefinitely.
The only possibility for a future restart of these works is to rebuild the code from scratch, that is not easy or fast... even for our excellent new dll-developer Fred18.

Last edited:

romanasul

Reaction score
It's a weird problem. What version of Orbiter you are running? Tried a clean installation?
Maybe is not a problem. The spacecraft has a limited autonomy with solar panels closed. If you wait too long for deploy the solars, you go undervolt and the spacecraft can "die". See the manual.

Sadly Antares will not have further updates or bug-corrections because the code was made by our member Fausto, that has vanished and has taken the code with him...
This is why Antares and Eridanus no longer has updates and the work on Arcturus lunar lander and Gaia space station has stopped indefinitely.
The only possibility for a future restart of these works is to rebuild the code from scratch, that is not easy or fast... even for our excellent new dll-developer Fred18.

Yes, it's unfortunate Fausto dissapeared. I'm using the standard 2010 p1. I have quite a lot of addons so there must be incompatibility somewhere.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Various things should be updated in Antares, from the meshes (although the current appearance stands up well the test of time) to the code, or the technology (all-glass cockpit, reusable LES...) or the launcher (you can notice that BLEO scenarios with Antares LR make use of an outdated version of the Jarvis M rocket, the so-called "Block I", and this is why I was forced to retain this "relic" in the Jarvis package...)

Last edited: