Internet Any Way to Find Youtube Videos Related to My Subscriptions?

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew a trick to get Youtube to suggest videos related to the channels that I am subscribed to?

I'm into This Old Tony, Clickspring, Abom79, Geoffrey Crocker, Bad Obsession Motorsport, as well as the space nerd stuff like Scott Manley, etc.. and I am trying to find stuff like these channels. Doesn't seem to be a manual way of doing this, and Youtube suggestions keep pushing me to Taylor Swift. Any good content I do find seems to be just dumb luck or some recommendation from the forums.

If the internet is an information superhighway, Youtube is a sketchy, unlit, unpaved forked road that leads you into the deep woods, occasionally bringing you by accident to a wonderful destination, but sometimes leading to a dead end where a derelict van with three flat tires sits, making you wonder how and why you got there.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Huh, I do get the odd pop culture video, but most of what I get is related to what I watch (I don't do any subscriptions).

I really miss the old days when Youtube's suggestions on a given video's page were just related to that video, rather than the entire spectrum of your viewing habits with a bit of weight towards that topic.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
YouTube suggestions are related to what others are seeing. And numbers count.
Specialized channels/videos don't have as much views as generic pop music. So your suggestions will always be mainstream stuff...

I'd say that your best bet is to ignore suggestions and simply search YouTube directly. It can handle very specific queries.

Last edited:

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
You can tell YouTube you're not interested in suggested videos.

wdlY4dn.png

or you can block user from channel page.

JcCphqT.png

Michkov

Reaction score
Talk to people not algorithms. I have the same problem with the suggestions, it's just abysmal what I get suggested these days. The best you can do in my experience is watch 30 odd videos of one channel, that usually primes the algorithm somewhat.

Still browsing the the custom what are you watching thread in the forum of your choice is still the best option.