Challenge Apocalypse Asteroid Mission

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This mission can be fun, interesting and real need someday.
Imagine an asteroid two months collide with Earth.
Apocalipsis.jpg

Apocalypse Asteroid

Conditions
: Can be simulated with a ship two Earth months in collision course from the vicinity of Jupiter.

Challenge: Find Mision path interception and destroy using AA-Missile 0.98
Suggestion: Aiming at the target, used attitudeMFD, Because do not aerodynamic Control missiles in space.
challenge to find possible career interception and destroy.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think the word you're looking for is "Apocalypse".

Ren Dhark

Reaction score
XR2 vs Asteroid

This mission can be fun, interesting and real need someday.
Imagine an asteroid two months collide with Earth.

If you or anybody else could provide me with a working scenario, position and path of the Asteroid, I could implement this on the official OMP host.
MJD is 56726.5 and airport for takeoff would be Wideawake International. We have own working missiles which can destroy asteroids already included in OMP. UCGO 3.0 includes a asteroid (vessel), I've been using it on my test scenario here.
Path of asteroid should not be to far away, giving pilots just time to calculate path, takeoff and do a frontal attach (which is not optimal, i know).
OMP is multiplayer and can't use warp or time dilation. So giving a pilot 20 - 30 minutes time to successfully complete this challenge, before asteroid hit earth, would be perfect!
Check out my proof of concept here.

Btw, there is already a nice working XR2 Marx Reentry challenge on OMP.

Last edited:

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OMP host[/URL].
MJD is 56726.5 and airport for takeoff would be Wideawake International. We have own working missiles which can destroy asteroids already included in OMP. UCGO 3.0 includes a asteroid (vessel), I've been using it on my test scenario here.
Path of asteroid should not be to far away, giving pilots just time to calculate path, takeoff and do a frontal attach (which is not optimal, i know)..

The mission requires Hiperion Deep Space Ship attached Deep Space Ship, AA-Missile 0.98, Attitude MDF
Using AA-Missile 0.98 Suggestion: Aiming at the target, used attitudeMFD.
Be you free to adapt to OMP

Hiperion_Apocalyse.jpg

This scenario is easy, for testing. Image: needed 4 missiles to destroy Apocalypse asteroid.
Attention! MissileAttachment overwrites the file if you do not want to overwrite MissileAttachmen add to the file, to have missiles available.

BEGIN_Hiperion
AIM120_1_POS -25.7 -0.95 1
AIM120_2_POS 25.7 -0.95 1
AIM120_3_POS -0.95 -25.7 1
AIM120_4_POS 0.95 25.7 1
END_Hiperion

Attachments

• Apocalypse.zip
    132.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Possible Apocalypse Asteroid Interception Trajectory

You can change the thrust and ISP of any spacecraft's Main Engine while the simulation is running. Thrust value for an fusion engine 252500 N typical Vs is. 176000 m/s these values will be saved if the simulation is closed while "I.E.A.T.MFD"

trayectoriaintercep.jpg

Hiperion_Apocalypse.jpg

Apocalypse Asteroid Mission
Apocalipsi-pacht.jpg

Scenario interception and some improvements added to Apocalypse.zip

Last edited:

Ren Dhark

Reaction score
Asteroid Mission

Thanks for the reply

I'm still working on a OMP Asteroid Challenge and in fact have all the needed add-ons, like OMP including guided Missiles and UCGO 3.0 incl. Asteroids to finish it soon. There is a beta version running on multiplayer server, all works but Asteroids path needs to be adjusted, see here.

Last edited:

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Please Help

I've been trying the Ren Dhark version (on the OMP server) of this challenge. I haven't come close. I can launch into an orbit in the same plane but I can't sync before the first pass and I can't keep up on the way out for the second pass. I've tried (and learned a lot about) several MFDs including Launch, Pursuit, UAP and the stock sync.

Thanks

Ren Dhark

Reaction score
I've been trying the Ren Dhark version (on the OMP server) of this challenge. I haven't come close. I can launch into an orbit in the same plane but I can't sync before the first pass and I can't keep up on the way out for the second pass.

Challenge XR2 vs. Asteroid on OMP has been updated with a easy (orbit) version for better testing!