Apollo 11 T+99h: missing MCC PAD?

Zuppermati

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm currently at exactly T+99h in the Apollo 11 simulation, right after opening the LM landing gears.
The checklist at this point tells you to wait for an MCC update (which I think regards the LS REFSMMAT, LGC/CMC clock, Sync, LM & CM state vectors and LGC ABORT stuff. At around T+99:03:30 I get the classic "thread started/completed" message which usually precedes a PAD update. I do get the "LM: ready for uplink?" message, but I don't get any new PAD data to copy from (I still have the old DAP data + gyro torque angles). Waiting does not help and by T+99:20:00, when you are supposed to move on to another part of the checklist, there is still no data. I wanted to know if this is normal or if I'm missing anything.

Many thanks in advance.
Regards.

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm currently at exactly T+99h in the Apollo 11 simulation, right after opening the LM landing gears.
The checklist at this point tells you to wait for an MCC update (which I think regards the LS REFSMMAT, LGC/CMC clock, Sync, LM & CM state vectors and LGC ABORT stuff. At around T+99:03:30 I get the classic "thread started/completed" message which usually precedes a PAD update. I do get the "LM: ready for uplink?" message, but I don't get any new PAD data to copy from (I still have the old DAP data + gyro torque angles). Waiting does not help and by T+99:20:00, when you are supposed to move on to another part of the checklist, there is still no data. I wanted to know if this is normal or if I'm missing anything.

Many thanks in advance.
Regards.
When you got the ready for uplink, did you uplink?

Also if you would post a scenario that would help as well :)

Zuppermati

Reaction score
I did not uplink because the checklist instructs you to copy the PAD first. If I don't get the pad, I can't go on.
As for the scenario, I have attached it
Edit: the forum won't allow it ("the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension")
Edit 2: attached but as a txt file

Attachments

• scene.txt
    258.7 KB · Views: 123

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think everything is working as intended, maybe the checklist is written slightly confusing there. The update you are getting is an LGC uplink only, no PAD data associated with it and it doesn't overwrite the old PAD, as that might still be something you want to look at. And then three minutes after the uplink has finished there will be the next actual PAD with some AGS activation data.

So the "Copy LS REFSMMAT, LGC/CMC Clock Sync, LM & CSM State Vectors, LGC Abort Constants" line really just informs you that there is an uplink with those data. Maybe "copy" is the wrong word there? I think I set it up in this order for the MCC because it's in the flight plan in this order. Uplink first then the PAD afterwards. Not sure the three minute delay is really necessary, but as you haven't done the uplink yet you wouldn't have gotten the next PAD yet anyway. So when you get the uplink message just proceed directly to the uplink checklist and everything should continue normally.

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I did not uplink because the checklist instructs you to copy the PAD first. If I don't get the pad, I can't go on.
It doesn't say there is a PAD, so you aren't supposed to get one.

I think everything is working as intended, maybe the checklist is written slightly confusing there. The update you are getting is an LGC uplink only, no PAD data associated with it and it doesn't overwrite the old PAD, as that might still be something you want to look at. And then three minutes after the uplink has finished there will be the next actual PAD with some AGS activation data.

So the "Copy LS REFSMMAT, LGC/CMC Clock Sync, LM & CSM State Vectors, LGC Abort Constants" line really just informs you that there is an uplink with those data. Maybe "copy" is the wrong word there? I think I set it up in this order for the MCC because it's in the flight plan in this order. Uplink first then the PAD afterwards. Not sure the three minute delay is really necessary, but as you haven't done the uplink yet you wouldn't have gotten the next PAD yet anyway. So when you get the uplink message just proceed directly to the uplink checklist and everything should continue normally.
Yeah I think "Copy" on all of these stems from many being associated with a verbal read up as well. I can clarify this one and others as there is no associated message that comes up or pad.

Last edited:

Zuppermati

Reaction score
Hello everyone, and sorry for my late reply. I just wanted to thank you for yor help. Anyway yeah I was being mislead by the "copy" instruction which is usually followed by a pad