Apollo 12 TLI results in large MCC-1?

Wedge313

Reaction score
OK, safely down after another steep learning curve. Incorporating the landing radar is a little different on 12 than it was on the last few flights I did (I did these non-sequentially: 11, skip to 15, 16, 17, 14, then 12), there's a few PROs after V57E that I missed the first time down and that caused some excitement, but it served me right trying to do it from memory.

The first attempt had me well north of the snowman. But I read through Miriam's Apollo 12 thread and re-designated the LAT/LONG, and the subsequent landings were pretty much where they wanted to be, with minimal maneuvering.

I don't know if this is an issue with my laptop's slow speed, but I get an occasional 31210 alarm during P63. Not sure what I'm running in the background, I thought it might be P20 but I tried to P00, V34 or V96 the LGC before starting P63 and still get the alarm.

EDIT: Also, had to use the Apollo 11 LM Timeline for the pre-PDI stuff due to missing pages. It has me turn on the ascent batts 5 and 6. Before PDI ignition all the descent batts trip (all four are bp'd). I must be missing a cb or something here because I doubt they'd want the descent batts offline?

Finally, while I think Apollo 15 is the most visually exciting landing, this one has been the most fun, maneuvering around to land close to but not in these closely grouped craters. Once again thanks to all involved for creating this great simulation.

Last edited:

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
EDIT: Also, had to use the Apollo 11 LM Timeline for the pre-PDI stuff due to missing pages. It has me turn on the ascent batts 5 and 6. Before PDI ignition all the descent batts trip (all four are bp'd). I must be missing a cb or something here because I doubt they'd want the descent batts offline?
Just turning on the ASC batteries shouldn't impact the DES bats at all. The only reason they would BP would be you deadfacing them or turning them off or turning off the display or possibly the DES ECA.

What procedure were you following when it happened?
I don't know if this is an issue with my laptop's slow speed, but I get an occasional 31210 alarm during P63. Not sure what I'm running in the background, I thought it might be P20 but I tried to P00, V34 or V96 the LGC before starting P63 and still get the alarm.
If you had P20 still in the background you have to use V56 to exit it.