Apollo 12 CSM P20: LM not in SXT?

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm running the Apollo 12 mission. I'm at the point after the LM liftoff and insertion where we're starting P20 on both vessels.

When I start P20 in the CSM, I'm not seeing the LM in the sextant. If you get a chance, could you look at the .scn and let me know where I've gone wrong?

Also (not related) before liftoff we run P22 in the LM. We are given the acquisition time (for me it was 112:25:14.00). Then later we enter the acquisition time in the supplied octal format ( for me 04646 05550). Why are we entering the acquisition time twice in two different formats?

Thanks

Attachments

• 142+36 CSM P20 P32.zip
    73.1 KB · Views: 66

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When I start P20 in the CSM, I'm not seeing the LM in the sextant. If you get a chance, could you look at the .scn and let me know where I've gone wrong?
This is an orbiter limitation, you wont be able to see the LM until about 60nmi unfortunately.
Also (not related) before liftoff we run P22 in the LM. We are given the acquisition time (for me it was 112:25:14.00). Then later we enter the acquisition time in the supplied octal format ( for me 04646 05550). Why are we entering the acquisition time twice in two different formats?
The octal for the LM prevents it from searching before a specified time and therefore prevents alarm codes.

Wedge313

Reaction score
Thanks. The two areas I'm trying to focus on this time through are AGS procedures and CSM procedures. I sort of skimmed over those the first time. Hoping to eventually get two things done:

1. Have the CSM "rescue" the LM, as in the CSM is the active member.

2. Conduct an ascent using only the AGS.

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. The two areas I'm trying to focus on this time through are AGS procedures and CSM procedures. I sort of skimmed over those the first time. Hoping to eventually get two things done:

1. Have the CSM "rescue" the LM, as in the CSM is the active member.

2. Conduct an ascent using only the AGS.
Both cases are a lot of fun! There are different rescue cases of course depending on the type of abort.