Apollo 13 MCC

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm running the Apollo 13 simulation in NASSP and got to about the 1 hour 40 minute mark and it says that I have to uplink in the MCC but I can't get the MCC to show up. I keep pushing tab but nothing comes up. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm running the Apollo 13 simulation in NASSP and got to about the 1 hour 40 minute mark and it says that I have to uplink in the MCC but I can't get the MCC to show up. I keep pushing tab but nothing comes up. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

I'm glad you finally got NASSP to work! Apollo 13 isn't supported by the MCC feature yet. So you have use the RTCC MFD to calculate state vectors, maneuvers etc. I guess the default checklist (there is no specific one for Apollo 13 yet) mentions the MCC, even though the MCC will only work with Apollo 7-11 right now.

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the info. Also whenever I stage with the Saturn V a whole mess of tan and white snowflake-like things appear. It's not that big of a deal until TD&E when I can't really see to be able to dock with the LM. Do you know why this is?

Also with Apollo 13 so all I can do is the launch because there isn't an MCC function so I can't do any maneuvers is that correct?

Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the info. Also whenever I stage with the Saturn V a whole mess of tan and white snowflake-like things appear. It's not that big of a deal until TD&E when I can't really see to be able to dock with the LM. Do you know why this is?

I've heard of this before, I'll get back to you on this issue.

Also with Apollo 13 so all I can do is the launch because there isn't an MCC function so I can't do any maneuvers is that correct?

No, you can fly the whole mission and do everything. You just have to play flight controller in addition to playing astronaut. The MCC gives you all the burn data etc. without having to use any MFD for it. Without the MCC you have to do all the calculations yourself, that's what the RTCC MFD is for.

Reaction score
Without the MCC you have to do all the calculations yourself, that's what the RTCC MFD is for.

Hmm. So how do I do that is it just the calc button or do I have to do actual math and then put it in the computer?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmm. So how do I do that is it just the calc button or do I have to do actual math and then put it in the computer?

More on the "just press CLC button" side than doing actual math. For all the missions the MFD has numbers already loaded, so for one of the first things you need to calculate like a midcourse correction burn you basically just have to choose the right calculation option, then choose a time of ignition and press calculate. The MFD will still need some time to get used to, it has a lot of pages, is not the most user friendly of all MFDs and I haven't updated the manual since the NASSP 7 release.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay. Do you have any info on the snowflake glitch thing during staging?

I was going to ask someone who had this issues before, but there wasn't an opportunity for that yet. Are you using the DX9 Client or the default Orbiter one? It's a vague memory, but the weird particle effects might have been with the default graphics only.

Reaction score
I’m using the default Orbiter one right now. Do you have a link for the DX9 Client?