Scenario Apollo 13

lunarmodule5

Reaction score
Have tried the scenario and it works great. Looks much better than I did before.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Have run it again. I have noticed that the LES is jettisoned before the interstage - is that supposed to happen?

Tschachim

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
nassp.sf.net
Have run it again. I have noticed that the LES is jettisoned before the interstage - is that supposed to happen?

It is not. Please change the following lines in the scenario

ISTGJT 1000.000000000000
LESJT 1000.000000000000

with

ISTGJT 184.000000000000
LESJT 189.000000000000

(they are from the Apollo 8 scenario, but shouldn't be too bad)

Cheers
Tschachim

---------- Post added 10-07-12 at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-06-12 at 07:27 PM ----------

... and you need to "disable automatic checklist execution" on the Quickstart Mode tab of the Project Apollo Configuration options (http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Launchpad_Configuration_Options#Quickstart_Mode), otherwise the tower is jettisoned by the automatic checklist execution. But then you need to control the spacecraft by yourself, so I'm not sure if you really want to do that...

Cheers
Tschachim

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi LM5,

here's a scenario you've requested via PM[1].
Attached you'll find a AS-508 Scenario that places you more or less 10 minutes before the "problem".
The RCS is set up, so you should be able to gain control over the tumbling stack, somehow.
The LM however is not activated.
Historically the hatch between LM and CSM was closed at 055:50 MET. Whether the LM was shut down prior to hatch-close or not - I am not sure.
If you want the procedure(s) about powering up the LM, I have to say sorry, I don't know[2] ;)

The scenario is a bit non-historic, 'cause I did the TLI burn one orbit to early. So the date/time does not fit exactly the MET, sorry.
And I can also not guarantee whether you have enough deltaV left to get back to a free-return trajectory. Just give it a try:thumbup:

/Kuddel

[1] you should post in the forum. Many more "receivers" and possible helpers ;)
[2] maybe Tschachim can give a hint /doc.
--- EDIT ---
For the LM startup you might use this document (it's from Apollo 14, but should work)

Attachments

• 13_T+55_45_38.scn
    74.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

lunarmodule5

Reaction score
Thanks Kuddel

I have tried the scenario and it does exactly what I needed it to show. I got the footage I need for the explosion and the subsequent RCS firings to stabalise the craft. You are right, in that the trajectory now takes Apollo 13 out of plane away from the moon.

If anyone could provide a scn that will show the next part of the flight I would be very grateful. The combination has to be set up before the T+61h 29m 42 sec point for the MCC that occurred then to get them back on a free return - LM needs to be powered up with DPS online ready to fire and rcs too. SM needs to be in "open bay mode"

For those that do not know - I have been putting together videos of the entire Apollo 13 mission - available on Ytube. The sequences are simulated using orbiter, actual film footage, AGC timings with the PAO and the entire audio swweep of the mission. The Orbiter sequences have to show what happened but they do not have to be technically to the letter of what actually happened. I am "filming" each sequence with the audio. My intention, when starting this project, was not to fly the whole mission, and Ididnt realise I would need this much help to get the sequences I need. Without the help of Kuddell on this forum I could never have gotten the accident sequnce done.

I would be very grateful if there are forum members that can help me complete the series.

With regards

LM5

lunarmodule5

Reaction score
It looks all very complicated to me! lol

Question - is there any way to show the damaged Apollo 13 SM bay on the AMSO Apollo CSM?