Project Apollo 16 Soundpack (AMSO)

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
I recently began work on a full mission sound pack for this flight for my own use. I have since put enough work into this to feel OK to commit to it. The sound pack is structured in the same way as my Apollo 13 release. The first 4 hrs of flight is in real time covering pre launch to LEM extraction. After this I tried to balance the more technical communications that might be of interest and or useful to some with the more light hearted typical exchanges. Currently all of this is done up to about a GET of 70 hrs with crew commentary on SIM bay door jettison. The audio after LEM extraction on out to the Moon is an attempt to tell the story of 16's overall unique experiences, like the gimbal lock, LEM paint problems, uplink problems, and unique observations compared to previous flights etc. Currently the Zip file I'm staring at as I type this is 32MB and ready to go but unfinished as per above.

Comments and or advice/recommendations are welcomed.

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Thanks, also be advised Orion has landed. Having saved many scenarios by flight day and event from launch to recovery from a few years back it sure is speeding up the process. A few minor tweaks on the landing sequence are still needed.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Somewhat unrelated, but I always thought it would be cool if we got a group of people together on here to make a fictional soundpack/landing sites for Apollo 18, 19, 20. Have different members of OF.com voice the CDR, the CMP, LMP, MCC director, PAO for countdown, PAO for ascent, CAPCOM, etc and get someone to edit it all together. Then get someone good at making bases and make a nice Copernicus/Marius Hills/Tycho Crater.

One can dream..

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I did Marius Hills (as AP18) once, for NASSP. :) Sadly I don't have the files for it anymore (got lost in an old computer).

-RODION

Out of curiosity, did you post it on avisim? Because I found a Marius Hills for NASSP there and it looks great (other than the textures aren't LRO)

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
I did Marius Hills (as AP18) once, for NASSP. :) Sadly I don't have the files for it anymore (got lost in an old computer).

-RODION

Hi, Rodion. I was looking over the AMSO manual and noticed in the credits you made the meshes for the astros and LRV in AMSO. Thank you for your work on that, it's so awesome.

Last edited:

rodion_herrera

Moonwatcher
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
astronomicalsolutions.com
Out of curiosity, did you post it on avisim? Because I found a Marius Hills for NASSP there and it looks great (other than the textures aren't LRO)

Whoa! They are alive! :D Thanks Kyle! Now I'll download all of them and upgrade them for the latest AMSO and other Apollo addons. :) Err, after I finish the Brighton work LOL

-RODION

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Hi, Rodion. I was looking over the AMSO manual and noticed in the credits you made the meshes for the astros and LRV in AMSO. Thank you for your work on that, it's so awesome.

Hi! Actually Alain used even better astronaut meshes, and I don't know who made them (so most of the credit is for this person) or if they were based off my earlier Apollo EMU meshes. I do think that the rover is based off my original LRV for NASSP. :)

-RODION

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Just completed audio on through to LOI, REV 1 commentary, & DOI on up to about crew sign off for the night. Also, the landing sequence tweaks are done. All audio from P64 to landing plays back OK now.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Somewhat unrelated, but I always thought it would be cool if we got a group of people together on here to make a fictional soundpack/landing sites for Apollo 18, 19, 20. Have different members of OF.com voice the CDR, the CMP, LMP, MCC director, PAO for countdown, PAO for ascent, CAPCOM, etc and get someone to edit it all together. Then get someone good at making bases and make a nice Copernicus/Marius Hills/Tycho Crater.

One can dream..

In a similar vein, it would be cool to have a generic prelaunch countdown that could be used for all missions so you don't have to press k at Exactly T-10s for everything except Apollo 11.

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Undocking, no circ SPS & real-time rendezvous back to station keeping (pre PDI) sequence done. (Probably too much for a soundpack and will have to be scaled down, but fun anyway.)

Last edited:

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Crew wake up post DOI, systems problems overviews like mass spec, RCS reg, APS pressure, & s- band steerable yaw failure with REFSMMAT/state vector manual inputs etc up to undocking. Also Orion ascent to post insertion done.

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Orion & Casper rendezvous approach, station keep, visual inspections, and docking. LEM Jett, & subsat deploy. Added Orion post landing comm. Pre TEI & post burn complete.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
...I just wanted to say: many many thanks for all the work you put into this (and the other Apollo Soundpacks)! Those really make a difference when it comes to "feeling" the missions!
Keep up the good work
Kuddel