Idea Apollo 5 scenario?

richfororbit

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there anyone who can setup an Apollo 5 mission, that would be involve launching a lander on a rocket into orbit? Either with the historic or what was released constellation addon sometime ago now, last year.

Thank you.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Are you sure you can't find it amongst the AMSO/NASSP scenarios ? Should be AS-204.

richfororbit

Reaction score
I hadn't notice to be honest. I downloaded the Orbiter 2016 simulator. So I'd have to install the historic mission addon. Surprisingly it does run on a Optiplex 780 small form factor.

richfororbit

Reaction score
There isn't in the AMSO scenario.

What I've done for the moment, is just copy the constellation lander and added into a Lunar transfer scenario which takes a shuttle to the moon. Pretty handy, if one doesn't want to go math and physics mad nutty. I hope I can initiate a free return trajectory at 43 degree angle, if I'm not mistaken as was done with Odyssey.

I'm using what I suppose would be an Apollo 5 of course this is to moon's trajectory or orbit which ever seems fun, since the craft doesn't have landing feet on the legs.

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
In the Skylab B addon there is a Saturn 1B with the ATM and its close to what LM1 would have looked like

richfororbit

Reaction score
Hmm, well constellation 5 is more or less an Apollo 5, just no rocket launch with the constellation scenario. The module starts off in orbit with a booster sadly it isn't snuck into it as it should.