76.5 KB · Views: 11
  • flexroveralpaca5.jpg
    flexroveralpaca5.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 11

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have n't seen any dimensions. I just based it off of the images and size of the eva guy and cargo

Working on the arm.

On the steering I have 2 modes. 2 wheels turn and 2 remain straight. then you can rotate all 4 for crab walking,.... I am not sure on the wheel direction though. In a car to turn left the wheels turn left?

Attachments

• flexroverarm3.jpg
    flexroverarm3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1
  • astrolabarm.jpg
    astrolabarm.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1
  • TOPSTEERING1.jpg
    TOPSTEERING1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1

barrygolden

Reaction score
Just watched a video and it said no way NASA could land on the Moon in 2 years said 2027 at the earliest. I don't see that either. I think all of the Artemis astrotaunts will have retired by the time an effort is made. to land. Star ship hasen''t flown much less Moonship or the 7 tanker flights and LEO refueling trials or landing a 12 story tall building in a rock pile. Blue Moon lander won't be ready to try untill the 2030's .
NASA picked the wrong systems but those that made the desision will be long gone and the billions would have been give away as they draw huge consulting fees to tell NASA to cancel Artemis.
As Alpaca's second biggest fan it is way far ahead in development and might could fly before 2030. NASA should keep money flowing to Dynetics for Alpaca if nothing more than a cargo lander. OH wait NASA's stated goal is only to land a woman and a person of color on the Moon, no moon base or any thing like that just billions spent for one flight.
this whole thing seems flawed, and it starts with the service module used by Orion. Yes its great to have partners on this mission but this SM can't do what the Apollo SM could do so we have a need for a Gateway Space station that costs more billions and ask yourself what for ?
Might be time to look back a few years at the Lockheed Martin lander. It uses the Orion as the manned cabin so only need to build fuel tanks with legs and engines. If it could land with 2 engines then this looks like the best way to build a 2 stage lander with the acsent stage flying back to orbit or to the Gateway. One launch could bring up a new fully fueled desent stage with cargo to be reattached to the ascent stage ready for the next mission. That has to be a cheaper and quicker way to this.
Special thanks to gattis pilot for his work on this LM lander

Attachments

• thumbnail_lmlanderdesign1.jpg
    thumbnail_lmlanderdesign1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 20
  • orion-to-lander.jpg
    orion-to-lander.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Lm lander ascent.png
    Lm lander ascent.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 4740698-6236465-image-a-11_1538588298101.jpg
    4740698-6236465-image-a-11_1538588298101.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 20
  • orangedescent.jpg
    orangedescent.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 21

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the size of the rover.

I think because there are variation of the different setups. I may make the modules a separate vessel and then press a button for add-on like HGA antenna, or straight mast antenna.

Attachments

• roversize.jpg
    roversize.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 9

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Working on the arm. Might do a new thread for the Alpaca and Flex rover.

As I see it you will need at least 3 attachment points. front/center/aft.

Attachments

• roverarm.jpg
    roverarm.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So having an issue. I want to make the rover a vessel and then the modules are vessels the rover then moves to them and attachs. But when the eva module is attached the vc cockpit view is bad. if the focus is on the rover the eva module is seen but not the rover and if the focus is on the eva module it is not seen but the rover is?
But meshes are set MESHVIS_ALWAYS || MESHVIS_EXTPASS);

Attachments

• FLEXROVEVA4.jpg
    FLEXROVEVA4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 6
  • FLEXROVEVA3.jpg
    FLEXROVEVA3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 6
  • FLEXROVEVA2.jpg
    FLEXROVEVA2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 6

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Still got minor issues with the HUD/MFD

But you can not attach from the front/middle/aft.

Here a cargo box is in the center section.

Our thoughts was that section below the habitat area for cargo. But even with the rover folded it would not fit in that section. It fits under the Alpaca though

Attachments

• FLEXROVERHGA3.jpg
    FLEXROVERHGA3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 12
  • FLEXROVERHGA2.jpg
    FLEXROVERHGA2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 12
  • FLEXROVERHGA4.jpg
    FLEXROVERHGA4.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12

barrygolden

Reaction score
It is a great design but won't fit on the planned landers so would need a new lander. Artemis is somewhat funded through Artemis 5 an the decadal survey runs out in 2028 by then a new administration and look at the debt we're in. The interest on the debt for the first time is higher than we spend on defense and the potential collapse of the US dollar. The idea of going back to the Moon is a good one but NASA's plan seems pretty bad. At the rated we're going looks like the first landing won't happen until 2026 with Artemis 5 .

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have been asked about this lander. The Ascent stage has no thrusters. If there is a Service module below. the diameter with rcs would need to be smaller than the diameter

Attachments

• lmlander1a.jpg
    lmlander1a.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 9
  • lmlander1b.jpg
    lmlander1b.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 9

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am trying to get the Ascent stage to separate. But I get this.
Basically, the stage separation is remove the descent stage mesh and make a descent vessel. This works. But the ascent stage now is on the ground

Attachments

• lmlandersep1.jpg
    lmlandersep1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 10