Gaming Artlav's Space Engineers Server

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I see a ship a 1000 km away, owned by SolarLiner.
A Gerdih's Explorer, 800Km away.
"Heavy fighter" with blocks by Quick_Nick, 600Km away (644154, -9070, 69583)
And a C3PO's ship, 200Km away.

Which of these are expected?

o_O How did this happen?!
My ship should have been about 10-15km away... wow.
If there's an admin tool to pull these back near the spawn that would be nice. I would rather not travel for hours in hope of retrieving a ship...

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like a piece that flew away - a few blocks. Two reactors, landing gear, connector, control, projector, 3 armor blocks.

Oh that's the one with the wobbly leg :lol: I tried to save it by releasing the leg, but it pinged into space.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Oh that's the one with the wobbly leg :lol: I tried to save it by releasing the leg, but it pinged into space.

Yup. LGs are bugged badly right now. Keen's been trying to fix it for a while, without success.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ok, to be deleted then.

If there's an admin tool to pull these back near the spawn that would be nice. I would rather not travel for hours in hope of retrieving a ship...
Teleported it back to within 2km of Origin.
No idea how it got out this far.

Also, there seem to be some friendly fire from you in the past 8 hours.
Was that to be expected?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Also, there seem to be some friendly fire from you in the past 8 hours.
Was that to be expected?

It was probably my missile misfire. Apparently CTRL fires missiles.... I only hit the edge of a platform and the asteroid. Repaired damage quickly.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It was probably my missile misfire. Apparently CTRL fires missiles.... I only hit the edge of a platform and the asteroid. Repaired damage quickly.

That kind of fire also happened to me in my single-player game... 1 block distance between rocket launcher and spacecraft fuselage looks cool, but is way too small if you are also maneuvering :lol:

Gerdih

Reaction score
Lost my ship due to an impact while EVA due to lag, could I have teletransported it back? it should be flying away about 5k away from Base. Its called Hornet Explorer

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Concerning lag - who gets it, under what conditions, and of what kind?
Does it happen only when there are several players online?

Lost my ship due to an impact while EVA due to lag, could I have teletransported it back?
Done.
There is also a "Gerdih's Intrepid Explorer" a 1000km away.
What about it?

Gerdih

Reaction score
Concerning lag - who gets it, under what conditions, and of what kind?
Does it happen only when there are several players online?

Done.
There is also a "Gerdih's Intrepid Explorer" a 1000km away.
What about it?

Thanks!

I always get lag when on EVA next to an enemy ship. Everything starts to shake furiously.

Well, I lost the Entrepit on an accident due to not enough dampener force, that was my fault 100% I dont even know where is it now, I think he lost his antenna.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I never have any lag.
There is, however, a sort of physics lag. If something is moving quickly, you have to grind or weld ahead of it to work on it. I believe this is just a fact of the game right now.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It looks fun, I'll try the game out on the weekend.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I see a ship a 1000 km away, owned by SolarLiner.
Ohh, that my welding ship I made, which killed me in the first attempt at flying it ...
Is it still recoverable? And can you teleport it back to base? It glitch'd out and killed me on the way, and as I took quite some time and resources in the process of making it, it'd be cool if I can have it back :)

Gerdih

Reaction score
I lost it again :facepalm: did an EVA at 50 m/s next to my ship " Gerdih's Hornet Explorer " and everything started to shake. I was not able to get back to it again and it flown away. Can I have it back?

This time I am next to my modem and wired connected, good internet velocity. ( Test gave me 95 Mbps download velocity )

I also have to say that I had issues while building multiple assemblers, while building them the items of my inventory wont go inside the machine. But when I come back later to check the machine I see them placed, and the machine half constructed.

Thanks

---------- Post added 01-28-15 at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-27-15 at 02:46 PM ----------

Someone may have noticed my base have had growing a tumour these days. That ugly :censored: is not an extension of my base.

Its the Orion Deep Space Explorer. A ship that will do a long journey to achieve certain objectives. Until now it holds 18 assemblers and 4 refineries.
It will be powered on acceleration and break phases with a large nuclear reactor. While its working on an asteroid will be powered with less powerfull methods.

The objectives of this odyssey is, mainly, to learn about mining systems.
Other objectives will be:

- Develpotment of partially automatic defensive systems I idealized ( obviously not ordinal machine guns, of course )
- Development of stealth methods
- Development of active shield systems

Stay tuned for more news, Orion Deep Space Explorer Spaceship will depart on oncoming days.

Thanks!

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I made a copy of the electric scout/drone, but I got the landing gear bug again and it pinged off into space. One free internet to the person who recovers it. :)

Gerdih

Reaction score
Oh damn, was it flying away alone when you told me? he passed 1000 meters away from me when I was far away! :lol:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Updated to 01.067.
The tools i used aren't updated yet, so it's back to wild west and floating objects for the moment.

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2015 at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was 29th Jan 2015 at 19:29 ----------

Toolset got updated, server restarted while noone was there.
Teleported a couple of loose ships back to Origin.

Also, that's a nice ship you got there, Gerdih. :thumbup:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Server updated to whatever tweak Steam downloaded today.
The tools i used aren't updated yet, so it's back to wild west and floating objects for the moment.

Also, it got moved to a different machine, so if something broke please let me know.

Gerdih

Reaction score
Have been days since Orion departed from the OF base. Its new habitat is surrounded by big round asteroids, mainly rocky with some iron. But as well with little ones rich in gold,silicon,silver,magnesium and some uranium.
Platinum and nickel have not been found yet, uranium is not easy to find either.

Orion is hungry, a little expedition to the surrounding asteroids could be nice to feed him while some other things are being built far from home.