Flight Question Atlantis into Orbit

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Yes, I've read the manual. Yes, I've watched tutorials on how to do it. Problem is I cant roll.

Movement is achieved by SRB Thrust vectoring. Great, now HOW DO I DO IT? I try using the joystick, with RCS off, in Rotation mode, and in Translation mode. Nothing works.

Any help?
BTW, i'm using Space Shuttle Ultra (for easy Atlantis launch missions)

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Space Shuttle Ultra is very much like Dan's DGIV in the fact that you need to power up the APU

May I susgest watching some of the video tutorials on YouTube.com which I am about to do myself so I can learn to fly the thing... I simply did a search for Space shuttle Ultra and found... What I can't seem to find the button that allows me to select what MFD I can display in the cockpit

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
See Section 3.2 of the default Atlantis manual.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
AFAIK the complete procedures are listed in the SSU Manual very thoroughly.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
AFAIK the complete procedures are listed in the SSU Manual very thoroughly.

Yes. Also, it is not meant for beginners, who think that they can do it without reading the manual or following checklists.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Even real astronauts follow checklists ;)

Not always, but they try to. ;)

There is the story of a commander training his crew to follow the checklists perfectly, so that Mission Control does not tell them, they missed a switch during the mission, by a simple method: Every time somebody forgot a switch during training, he had to buy a beer for the rest of the crew.

During training, the crew was often slightly intoxicated in the evenings, and the law did not exclude the commander... but it worked almost: Only on one occasion during the second last day of flight, mission control had to remind them on a switch.