Discussion Atmospheric Expansion Pack for Orbiter

Mogeley

Reaction score
I really like the idea. I don't know how many times I miss my landing site after re-entry and would like to land at a different runway, but can't find any.

I have a couple recommendations and you can ignore them if you like. Try to make the added content "procedural" and modular if at all possible. What I mean by this is instead of adding custom and specific content like satellite photo's and such. Try to simulate the terrain using generic textures and objects. These can be loaded and un-loaded in runtime. It's a more work but if you can take what you do for earth and expand it to other planets without much effort then people would like it more.

If your still not sure what I mean by procedurally generating everything then take a look at Infinity. It's a game being developed that has around 400 Billion star systems that are all generated in real time.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
To Bloodspray:
Inspirational speech, sir. I was skeptical of this at first, but now it's the one thing I want to see completed most for Orbiter. I'd love to join you in beta testing.
:cheers: