OHM Avatar Planetary System

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: flexer

Planetary system based on the science fiction film Avatar by James Cameron. This Addon contains five planets:
1. Polyphemus: gas giant. mother planet.
2. Pandora: moon, where the film is developed
3. Hanat: volcanic moon
4. Gaia: moon of ice
5. Toreck Moon of rock and ice
Annotation: I usually do my planets habitable for Ummu, but to see that in the film. Pandora is a toxic planet, I decided to leave it as in the film ...
 so... do not take off your helmet in pandora. or you will die

Update: If you want, overwrite the file "Pholyphemus.CFG" in the Config folder of orbiter, on the other, which is in the folder "Polyphemus2". so, you can land on polyphemus.
Note: The orbits of the planets will change a little, make a backup
New updates 2013
1. New scenarios.
2. Meshes and textures of stars

DOWNLOAD

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Annotation: I usually do my planets habitable for Ummu, but to see that in the film. Pandora is a toxic planet, I decided to leave it as in the film ...
so... do not take off your helmet in pandora. or you will die

"Exopacks on! Remember people! You lose your mask, you're unconscious in twenty seconds; dead in four minutes. Let's nobody be dead today; it looks very bad on my report!"

(Sorry, couldn't quite resist. ;) )

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
"Exopacks on! Remember people! You lose your mask, you're unconscious in twenty seconds; dead in four minutes. Let's nobody be dead today; it looks very bad on my report!"

I have that one in my head too ;)

Great planetary system !

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
It would be better if you create a own star system, instead to add the planets to the Sol system.

Screamer7

Reaction score
You have done very well with this Avatar Planetary System.
I like it very much, especially the textures of the planet and it's moons.
It is way better than some other rivals add ons by far.
What struck me the most is the shear size of Polyphemus, when I descent trough the atmosphere towards the base on Pandora.
Polyphemus fill up half of the sky!!!:thumbup:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A couple of observations from flying:

1. You really have to set up a separate Sol_Avatar.cfg, with only the planets/moons in the movie. Otherwise it's a pretty messy business.
2. The atmosphere is way too thick and wacky. The movie has people wearing oxymasks (exopacks), not full-body diving suits. This impacts landing routines greatly. Would suggest using http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Pandora as baseline. At ground level the pressure is 174.0 kPa, while it should be 101.3*1.2=121.56. Fixes would also require calculating other atmospheric params (incl. gamma for the mix of gases in Pandora's atmo).
3. The buildings on the base are dull. Please consider the possibility of modelling Avatar-inspired structures, or re-using (and crediting) legally available existing work.
4. There are no other "interesting" locations on the planet, which is a pity.
5. Please rename the add-on - should be Avatar Planetary System, with an y griega.

HTH

Reaction score
It seems that this add on takes place in a same star system as earth...is it possible to move it all in a stand-alone star system? And does the plants glow at "night-time"?

Fidelis

Reaction score
Hallelujah Mountains

Flexer, besides being very grateful for your addon, I ask permission to complete the PANDORA moon with my hallelujah mountains. I can do it, would you mind if I worked on those mountains?

Thanks for all.
My e-mail: [email protected]