Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
The MM / MMExt curse happens to everybody...

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
126 = MMExt, for sure.

However - I'm recompiling all my addons now, so standby for new clean O2016 versions shortly. I'll break people a different way after that (VC2015 runtimes ;)).

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
However - I'm recompiling all my addons now, so standby for new clean O2016 versions shortly. I'll break people a different way after that (VC2015 runtimes ;)).

BTW, if you rather, you can link your add-ons statically with the Visual Studio runtimes (this is done in Visual Studio settings with Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library = Multi-threaded (/MT) instead of its default Multi-threaded DLL (/MD) setting). That way your add-ons will "just work" without each user having to manually install the VS 2015 redistributables. :tiphat:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I could... but I feel that it's bad form to do that. Redists should be free to be patched at any time, IMHO.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with LaunchMFD. Installed v.1.6.4-2010 and got an error message saying "VesselHooking.dll is missing".

Is the solution here: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=31624

or simply v1.6.4. does not work with Orbiter 2016?

PS Sorry if this is out of topic

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Download and install HUDDrawer SDK v0.3 to fix VesselHooking DLL missing. This library allows Launch MFD to draw on the HUD.

By the way ... when you download MFD's like Launch MFD, take a moment to read the pre-requisites in the description, or check out "Compatible SDK's". Compatible SDK's is actually badly named ... as it really means MANDATORY PRE-REQUISITES THAT MUST BE INSTALLED IF YOU WANT THIS TO WORK :)

Last edited:

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just added it to my install, activated the module, then started a scenario, went to the MFD window, pressed SEL to select it, and it doesn't appear as a selection!

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I just added it to my install, activated the module, then started a scenario, went to the MFD window, pressed SEL to select it, and it doesn't appear as a selection!
... and all that because I forgot to install [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6966"]ModuleMessagingExt for Orbiter 2016[/ame] ! :lol:

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Doh!:facepalm:

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Edit: Nope, still didn't work...

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I added the 64 bit one; I'll try the other.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

That did it. Thx.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I added the 64 bit one; I'll try the other.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

That did it. Thx.

Annoying, isn't it? IMHO, the 64bit redists should always install the 32bit ones as well (i.e. superset install).

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New release for Orbiter 2016. Enjoy!

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused.

I've had "BaseSyncMFD for Orbiter 2016 v3.0" installed since Sept. 1.

What exactly got updated today? Why does it not have a different version number?

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused.

I've had "BaseSyncMFD for Orbiter 2016 v3.0" installed since Sept. 1.

What exactly got updated today? Why does it not have a different version number?

Exact same code, just relinked against the final Orbiter 2016 libraries. Should be identical, but just in case..

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I would still perhaps recommend a different version number. (Say 3.1 or 3.0.1 or something)

If there IS an issue, it will get very confusing if there are two different versions of 3.0 floating around.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Will do

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

OK - version bumped up to 3.1. Also in this release: the getting of the Glideslope TGT is now referenced as GS instead of GS2. (Although if you type GS2 out of habit, it'll still work!)

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I don't remember where the discussion was started, but I'll give you another reason for statically compiling the runtimes:
It's now perfectly possible to run Orbiter under Wine. It's also very to install any VC runtimes, but there's a problem: the debian-stable branch is always a bit lagging, and currently doesn't support the latest stable version of Wine, where it's equally easy to install VC2015 runtimes. The previous stable version of Wine allows to install up to VC2013 runtimes, therefore you're locking many Debian-stable (and its sub-brands) users from your addons. And it's a shame after all the work you put into them, I must say.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't remember where the discussion was started, but I'll give you another reason for statically compiling the runtimes:
It's now perfectly possible to run Orbiter under Wine. It's also very to install any VC runtimes, but there's a problem: the debian-stable branch is always a bit lagging, and currently doesn't support the latest stable version of Wine, where it's equally easy to install VC2015 runtimes. The previous stable version of Wine allows to install up to VC2013 runtimes, therefore you're locking many Debian-stable (and its sub-brands) users from your addons. And it's a shame after all the work you put into them, I must say.

Try that again?

Are you saying that you cannot install a VC2015 redist to this mutant environment, but if I statically link it, you are fine?

What does the orbiter dev comumity think to static linking. I know dbeachy is a fan. I can do it of course, but I always felt it was wrong to give a user a runtime they cannot update. But if it's in a specific use-case (i.e. Orbiter) versus a general use-case (e.g. supporting web e-commerce), then maybe the risk is lower?

EDIT: for the Wine users - give this static linked version a go and let me know if this fixes things. (unload it into Modules/Plugin as usual).

Attachments

• BaseSyncMFD O2016 v31 static.zip
    223.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: