Problem BaseSyncMFD.dll Unsafe Warning

rock

Reaction score
I am trying to install BaseSyncMFD to my Orbiter 2010. I am running Windows 7 with the latest Microsoft patches and Norton Internet Security. When I attempt to launch Orbiter after installing the BaseSyncMFD 2.3 files, Norton gives me a warning that the BaseSyncMFD.dll file is unsafe and removes it. I have two instances of Orbiter 2010 on the computer, and this happens on both instances. I cannot seem to find any indication that this is occurring to anyone else. Any suggestions? If not, is there an MFD that works as a good alternate to BaseSync?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=34439

False positives happen from time to time, as anti-virus software tends to freak out by the presence of small programs not written by known professional publishers, and with kind of obscure functionality.

IF you know what you are doing, you can probably un-quarantine the program and exclude it from future virus scans.

rock

Reaction score
Hey..I think I can do that. Thanks..I don't know why I didn't just think to try that.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think that shows pretty well how little Internet Security Programs actually know about malicious software. But, it's usually safe to download a software from it's official distribution site, especially, if you know what you are looking for and the software is a well known. Change to get something extra in a package will increase if downloaded from somewhere else.