Orbital Mystery
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Jeeze where to begin...
Well I was using orbiter and its forum when M6 was still up and running (not an archive). I did a lot with orbiter and enjoyed it to the umpth degree. I am able to go to the moon, dock to a space station, take off from earth and the moon, and land on Earth (effing hardly :S)
Anyway, I am restarting my interest and I need some help. I got as far as attempting to transfer from the Moon to the Earth, but I was completely intimidated and thrown off by transX and other MFD addons required for transit to Earth and from Earth (to other planets). So can someone please give me some good "how to" links to:
- using Transx to go from the Moon to the Earth (or using it at all)
- De-orbiting onto Terra Firma
I have the deadly crux of NEEDING to know WHY it works. This makes for a steep learning curve for me, so just knowing how to use it is rarely sufficient. Thank you for any help that may be given. And before anyone asks, yes I have searched through the forums for answers to my questions. But I would like the experienced orbiter users opinions on the best tutorials.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Might I reccomend Interplanetry MFD and Basesync MFD. They are both in the Reccomended Addons section on this very website.

unknown_orbiter

Orbital Mystery
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ah yes forgot those, thanks for reminding me. I really have some set goals:
- Be able to transit from KSC to ISS/MIR to Brighton Beach and back
- Be able to transit between moons
- Be able to transit from Earth to other Planets/ between planets in general
EDIT: Wow it seems like picking Orbiter back up is like riding a bike... I improvised an entire MIR - ISS trip w/o any manual and just with a year old knowledge bank somewhere deep in my "old thoughts" folder. O'course space station transfers are about as easy as it gets so still have a bit more to remember. Thanks again for reminding me of those add-ons pilot ;)

Last edited: