Problem Bug during vertical landing on the Moon

Jairo

Reaction score
After a long travel, I was executing the final touchdown with hover thrusters on Brighton Beach. When I touched the ground, I was simply thrown out from the Solar System.

I could see the Sun, Venus and Mercury flying away. :lol:

I used Orbiter 2016, with all the realistic options.

Has this happened with you before? What can I do to avoid it?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Were you using an add-on vessel or one of the default vessels?

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Similar things sometimes happen to me, I've landed and then the craft falls through the ground, usually don't get kicked out of the solar system, were you in NAN space?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Similar things sometimes happen to me, I've landed and then the craft falls through the ground, usually don't get kicked out of the solar system, were you in NAN space?

I believe that might be due to the vessel in question has not been updated to work with the new touchdown point definitions introduced in 2016.

Jairo

Reaction score
Were you using an add-on vessel or one of the default vessels?

I was using the Delta Glider with scram jets, a default vessel in a default scenario. For reference, I've only downloaded Orbiter 2016, Orbiter Sound and hires Earth.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Hi! I don't know what NAN space is.

sequoia

Reaction score
I am not an expert, but could it be a problem with the DanStephs Orbiter Sound Addon? I don't think it is updated for the 2016 version of Orbiter and i heard it causes some troubles in some cases. For this reason i haven't installed it yet even though i am missing it a lot.

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Perhaps an obvious tip -
Next time "Quicksave" the scenario at some point before touchdown
so that you can experiment with a few things without going through the whole flight.;)