Problem XR2 control surfaces turning off during take off

Jasiu

Reaction score
I think I have a problem with the otherwise excellent XR2. During take off, just after the V1 call I get a call 'Off' followed by: 'Warning AF control surfaces off'. This happens for every take off. The 'AF CTRL' switch on the screen remains in the 'ON' position.
I'm relatively new to Orbiter. Today I did my first reentry and landing from ISS into Habana. Just as the wheels touched down I got the same call 'Off' and 'Warning AF control surfaces off'. Is there something in the XR2 that turns the control surfaces off on landing? I did a quick test on the moon at Brighton Beach. Just took off hovered and touched down again with the 'AF CTRL' turned 'ON' but there nothing happened. Then I did the same on the runway at KSC but also no result. Then I did a take off from KSC and landed again. Now again after landing I got a call 'Warning AF control surfaces off'
I'm using a Thrustmaster 1600M flight system, stick, throttle and pedals with the latest Fly-By-Wire add-on version.
Is there anything I can do about this? Has anybody else experienced this issue?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
APU = "Auxiliary engine that powers flight controls and also works as a generator" (more or less, to keep things simple)

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The apu also has limited fuel, so make sure you don't run out.