Buran 3.03 & LC v3

oldcoach

Reaction score
This is a problem similar to the Spaceship Luna and Luna Service Tower problem I reported in another thread. I downloaded Buran 3.03 & the Buran Launch Complex v3. When used by itself, Buran 3.03 launches. When used with LC v3 I can't launch it. With LC v3, I can make the service arms move by pressing "K" but the nothing I do will launch the Buran 3.03. When I push F1 and go to the cockpit screen, nothing works there. The fuel gauge shows empty. The documentation gives no clues. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Old Coach

oldcoach

Reaction score
You're right

You're right, the LC v3 is for version 31217. I just noticed that on the download page. How can I get get version 31217?

Thanks,
Old Coach

oldcoach

Reaction score
031217 doesn't work either

I downloaded version 031217 and installed the Buran 3.03 and LCv3 and still getting the same problem. They're both supposed to be for this version but like with Mighty Casey at the bat- "There is no joy in Mudville".

Old Coach

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
What does the orbiter.log say?

Did you install 031217 to a new location?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This is the reason why it won't work:
All of kev33's launch pad add-ons are based on a generic script add-on called Spacecraft2.dll. This allows you to have add-ons with certain capabilities like animations without knowing C++ and how to write a custom vessel module for Orbiter.

But it cannot send commands to other vessels. This is beyond Spacecraft2.dll's capabilities and design.

This answer applies to your other thread.

oldcoach

Reaction score
Useless Addons

Do I understand correctly then that the addons for Buran LC v3 and the Launch Pad for Spaceship Luna can't work as intended and are basically useless?

Old Coach

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Do I understand correctly then that the addons for Buran LC v3 and the Launch Pad for Spaceship Luna can't work as intended and are basically useless?

Old Coach
They do work as intended! It just you that have misunderstood how they're supposed to work. They are not going to launch the ship for you as they can't! As I wrote earlier, Spacecraft2.dll cannot send commands to other vessels.

Spacecraft2.dll is just a way for those that don't know C++(a computer programming language that Orbiter is written in) create vessels with such things like aerodynamics and animations.

You have to manually trigger the animations by switching focus to the vessels and pressing the appropriate animation trigger key which is usually listed in the add-ons documentation. But that's all they will do.