Question Camera in Mr Drake's Lunar Excursion Module concept craft

richfororbit

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to know if the camera position for the internal view of Mr Drake's model file can be changed? This old addon from several years ago, has always had this problem.

Can this be changed in a file?

I had wanted to try the old actual realistic module available at Orbit Hanger called Spider, but that never ever worked for me. I have no problem with the new but only a concept module, but the other actually did orbit the Earth so I like to recreate elements from the infamous Apollo 9 mission.

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Sorry, but could you be a little more specific, which addon you are referring to?

Regarding the camera position, the Orbiter documentation says you can add
CameraOffset V Camera position inside the vessel for cockpit view
to the vessel.cfg file.
V is a vector, example: CameraOffset 0, 1, 0
But I am not sure if this overrides the camera position coded into an addon.

richfororbit

Reaction score
The old CEV and concept LEM?

I was just trying out Orbiter minutes ago, I loaded the return from the moon scenario, and a did a long distance docking of 400KM or something. That was pretty much a success, couldn't quite get the docking section completely on contact correctly, but a ^ and a P command sorted that out. Manuvering the LEM is certainly a lot tricky compared with the MPCV.

I even did this using the shuttle and Skylab, terrible angle it docks at for it, but that could be because it was modified so that your MPCV file would dock conventionally like with the ISS. Skylabs original docking was rubbish angle.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It's a long story.
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=32170

Essentially my take away was that since the docking target on Skylab was at the 12 o'clock position and lined up with the left window of the Apollo Command Module + docking reticule, made for a goofy angle when using something else to dock with it (Delta Glider, Shuttle, Shuttle-A, essentially anything other than Apollo).

Meaning the approaching craft had a,like a 60 degree or so bank angle relative to Skylab.

Easily enough fixed via config file if one were interested enough.

richfororbit

Reaction score
I don't use the skylab station anymore. My last use of Orbiter was launching the shuttle, did a roll, and at some altitude did the pitch, yaw movements, and managed to get my orbit, by the time of the OMS I had 15.2 fuel left.

I'm now left with deciding on when to launch the replacement satellite for Carina.

The good aspect about that craft is a great view of the stars from the aft, and roof windows. How small Mars looks. That orbiter was so dwarfed by the cosmic distance when it was in service!