.dll Question Can i create launch escape system in MultiStage2.dll?

chameleon

Reaction score
I think, that maybe possible creating LES in booster scheme, or in fairing scheme. Or i can use another way?

Please, help.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
IIRC, MajorTom did one for this addon: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3179"]China's Manned Space Program v1.5[/ame]

simcosmos

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
simcosmos.planetaclix.pt
IIRC, MajorTom did one for this addon: China's Manned Space Program v1.5

That [booster] 'tactic' for the Chinese Space Program Addon v1.5 was actually the result of my small participation on that project (in reviewing / suggesting several ways about how to best use Vinka’s dlls in order to have a more realistic performance implementation and ascent guidance / events in relation to a past addon CZ-2F iteration).

I have written a somehow detailed post on the old Orbiter forums about what can and what can not be done with Vinka's generic dlls vs launch abort system simulations. This to say that the [booster] 'tactic' on the specific example of that addon is just for ‘eye-candy’ representation of abort system separation in a nominal flight profile…

As far as I'm aware, Vinka was planning to add better support (without requiring this kind of workaround) for that kind of abort functions on an eventual future release of the multistage generic dll. Meanwhile, I have then written that post in the old forums (hope the link stays online... thinking about making a copy + paste of my post to this thread, as a backup, not sure yet):

http://orbitersim.com/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=17473

The information there might be slightly outdated in relation with what have researched since then or perhaps even in relation to newer tools (?) but it still might be a good reading for generic dll users.

António

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
That [booster] 'tactic' for the Chinese Space Program Addon v1.5 was actually the result of my small participation on that project (in reviewing / suggesting several ways about how to best use Vinka’s dlls in order to have a more realistic performance implementation and ascent guidance / events in relation to a past addon CZ-2F iteration).
Apologies for the misplaced credit.

mbartley

Reaction score
This add-on might be another useful example:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3318"]Space-X launchers and Dragon v0,58[/ame]

In particular, look at the file Config\SpaceX\Falcon-9_m_Dragon.ini

which is a manned Dragon launch on a Falcon 9, with a launch escape tower implemented as a BOOSTER.

Code:
[BOOSTER_3]
N=2
BurnDelay=0
MeshName="SpaceX\Dragon_m_fairing"
off=(0.,0.55,31.4)
ANGLE=180.
Height=34.72
Diameter=3.6
BurnTime=113
EmptyMass=1.
FuelMass=1.
eng_1=(-1.,1.,-14.2)
Thrust=1.
eng_diameter=0.001
Speed=(0.,3.,0.)
rot_speed=(2.,0.,0.)

[BOOSTER_4]
N=1
BurnDelay=0
MeshName="SpaceX\Dragon_m_las"
off=(0.,0.,33.6)
ANGLE=180.
Height=1.
Diameter=0.2
BurnTime=112
EmptyMass=1.
FuelMass=1.
eng_1=(-1.,1.,-14.2)
Thrust=1.
eng_diameter=0.001
Speed=(0.,2.,60.)
rot_speed=(0.,0.,0.)

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
I second that. All you have to do to master multistage.dll, spacecraft.dll and modelling is to understand how the Space-X Dragon 0.58 addon works. ;)