Resolved Can't access addons?

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
So recently I went to access the addons section of the forums and it just sat forever on the "Checking if site connection is secure" page. It keeps reloading this page over and over.
I tried another browser (Chrome) and it works fine. 5 second check as usual, then it goes through to the addons.
No matter what I tried with my usual browser, I couldn't make it work; I even uninstalled and reinstalled it.
I use AVG secure browser, and have never had a problem until about a week ago.
What could be causing this? I have no plugins or 3rd party addons installed, and cookies are allowed for OF.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
So recently I went to access the addons section of the forums and it just sat forever on the "Checking if site connection is secure" page. It keeps reloading this page over and over.
I tried another browser (Chrome) and it works fine. 5 second check as usual, then it goes through to the addons.
No matter what I tried with my usual browser, I couldn't make it work; I even uninstalled and reinstalled it.
I use AVG secure browser, and have never had a problem until about a week ago.
What could be causing this? I have no plugins or 3rd party addons installed, and cookies are allowed for OF.
Could you try to access the page in a private session with no plugins enabled?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'd suggest just accessing it using another browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Vivaldi, since you said Chrome works for you. It must either be a plugin in or some other unusual behavior in the Brave browser that is causing that. i.e., it could be that some recent Brave update is causing it.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
I'd suggest just accessing it using another browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Vivaldi, since you said Chrome works for you. It must either be a plugin in or some other unusual behavior in the Brave browser that is causing that. i.e., it could be that some recent Brave update is causing it.
I would say for now*.
Google Login doesn't matter. From OF perspective, we're not forcing something Googley.
@Max-Q are you using Brave? I'm using Brave as well, latest updates, no issues. Are you familiar with the web inspector and the console?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
AVG Secure Browser. https://www.avg.com/en-us/secure-browser#pc
It just started recently, within the last two weeks. I didn't change anything, including browser updates.
Always worked fine for me before. I tried everything, including a fresh install of AVG secure browser; no luck.
But have you tried using a different browser, of any description? It would help to isolate the problem, if it is just an issue affecting that browser, or some other issue.

Fixerger

Reaction score
Having the same problem 1 year later... latest firefox on win 10, usual addons like ublock origin. Same thing on Bromium on my android phone (chromium clone + adblocker). Same with TOR :rolleyes:

P.S. I will not install chromium.

Last edited:

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
It started working again on it's own after a while.
But just recently, I started having the same issue again, it just seems totally random.
I'd just suggest trying a different browser, maybe it will work.

@Xyon we really need to see what is going on with this, it shouldn't be the case that some browsers randomly do this then start working again on their own months later.

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I had the same problem today. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge. Tried Windows, Linux, Smartphone.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
If you google:
Code:
cloudflare "Checking if site connection is secure"

You get a massive amount of results of people with the same Cloudflare issue. It's probably not specific to O-F. It's unfortunate, but I'm sure whatever bug is causing it will be fixed soon,

Fixerger

Reaction score
Update: it works now!
Update 2: and it stopped working again, huh.
Update 3: now it works again.

🤷

Last edited: