IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
I've discovered something new. Aftr TMI, when I'm outside the SOI of earth, I open the map and set the reference planet to Mars and Cnt to mars. I notice that the green line (what is me right?) is far outside of mars... it's also very far outside the SOI of mars.... my question: if I do some corrections manually so that the green line is at least in the SOI of mars, would that help to get closer to mars?

I don't have the time at the moment to try it my self, so an somebody plesae tell me if my thoughts are right? Thanks! :tiphat:

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I did it once again! I've landed on mars! I did some manual corrections and it worked. I landed with the MER Spirit. I didn't land on the actuall landing site, since I just know the program, and I don't want to say I can fly to mars neither. I will do one more flight, and if I land on mars, I think I'm be able to fly to mars...

---------- Post added 06-21-10 at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-20-10 at 09:36 PM ----------

I did it again after several tries. I Think I know what I was doing wrong. I was using the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3216"]MER-2003 add-on [/ame]and after the separation of the final Delta II stage, the IMFD's were reseted. After that, I just targeted mars again in the course program, but what I also had to do was copy MJD data from the Delta II stage to the cruise stage.... Do you still follow me? :p

Thanks everyone! :thumbup::tiphat:

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I just tried to say that by setting an ID you specify the MFD to which the information is being sent. :yes:

Seems to work just fine my way too :p