OHM Carrier Operations 2 :The Nimitz V0.03 Carrier Operations Script Vessel

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: beep

Practice and manage landings and takeoffs in this huge moving aircraft carrier. 

IMPORTANT:

1. This package uses the wonderful new aircraft carrier Nimitz class (actually, the Ronald Reagan CVN76) mesh from Marco Gavazzeni who is a partner in this project.

With his permission, a splitted version of his mesh is included in this package but the original mesh along with a spacecraft .INI descriptor file can be found at:

http s://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7122

2. It's up to the user to create proper attachments for the airplanes or helicopters. Some instructions and examples on how to create proper attachments are given in the package. Some ready to run DG and Shuttle PB scenarios are included for testing and demonstration purposes.

V0.01  The initial release. 

V0.02 Correction of an issue evidenced by SVN BETA r.73 that caused CTD after a few seconds. Should work with this BETA as well now.

V0.03 Corrects a bug related to radar antenna movement and sudden ship waving position changes to zero speed as in ground location set when scenario starts or Scenario Editor user static placements on surface.

DOWNLOAD

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
One note on how to dispatch a squadron using the Formation Autopilot which is part of the Bombsight MFD package:

The aircraft class should have an Autopilot Parameters File created for it.

1. Summon the leader to the flight deck first with the command '<leadername> on deck'.

2. When it's on deck set it on focus, give it a small thrust to have it moving to the catapult, return focus to the carrier.

3. Do not forget to issue the command 'set catapult to XXXm/s' to the proper aircraft speed.

4 Bring the other aircrafts to the flight deck and have them moving to the catapult as well using the same procedure.

5. When the leader is ready for departure put it on focus. Call the Lua Console Window and type 'run('fap/fap')' to load the functions.

6. Type 'cf()' at the Lua Console Window to create a flight containing only the leader for now.

7. Type the commands 'a(2000) s(200)' at the Lua Console Window to have it taking off. Retract gear.

8. When the next wingman is ready at the catapult set the focus to it. Type the command 'ps(0)' at the Lua Console Window to insert it in the squadron. It will takeoff and form with the leader. Retract gear.

9. Repeat for the other wingmen.

Last edited:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Beep for this great addon (and thanks marcogavazzeni)!:thumbup:
Will download asap

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Woweee!!
This is awesome !
The movement of the deck is great - a real challenge.

Thank you so much guys. (I'm gonna be up late tonight :thumbup:)

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Woweee!!
This is awesome !
The movement of the deck is great - a real challenge.

Thank you so much guys. (I'm gonna be up late tonight ?)
Thank you for an awesome addon that remains one of my favourites !

One thing I'd like to do is to be able to stop the recovery to hanger once landed.
It's sometimes advantageous to stay on deck.
Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks again

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thank you for an awesome addon that remains one of my favourites !

One thing I'd like to do is to be able to stop the recovery to hanger once landed.
It's sometimes advantageous to stay on deck.
Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks again
Is BEEP still around/OK ?
Last seen November 20, 2020..............?