Flight Question Center of Gravity and Control

Henryv1598

Reaction score
I was messing around with the space station budling blocks add-on recently. I had no problem filling the cargo hold of the XR-5 Vanguard (another add-on) with individual components and launching them to orbit. The problem comes with trying to maneuver them around and connect them. Regardless of the vehicle used, when you connect to another vehicle, or, in this case, component, your center of gravity is obviously going to be different and this makes for difficult control (in some cases nearly impossible IMHO).

Is there a good method for dealing with this? Is there perhaps an add-on that allows you to compensate for this change? Any tutorials?

Thanks ahead of time to anyone with useful information!

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
If you conect vessels, they don't become a unity. Except you have an extra vessel for this configuration.
You could create your own add-on, after building it and make it a vessel itself.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
As long as it is a fairly close rendezvous, within 30 km or so, and you’re not in a big hurry, Pursuit works wonderfully well. I’ve captured a few of Martin’s tube and cube modules and delivered them to the ISS. The Shuttle-A gets pretty sluggish if more than 5 or 6 are attached. Pursuit has control of each RCS individually and uses that for maneuvering and orientation, compensating for the unbalanced assembly.
You can select a dock and station keep to another part of the ISS, but the farther you are away from the dock the less accurate keeping location.
And you can use Pursuit to control up to 32 vessels from your ship. I’ve done up to about 25.