Question Change Apollo LUT in NASSP

ShuttleCommander

Reaction score
I would like to change the default LUT in NASSP V8.0 with the one in kev Shanovs' Saturn V Crawler Rollout ver10 addon. I am familiar with installing addons but I have never tried installing a small subset. I have Orbiter 2016 installed and the latest build of NASSP V8.0. Can anyone help me with this?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would imagine this to cause trouble with the animations of the umbilical tower. So it's not just a case of switching out the mesh.

ShuttleCommander

Reaction score
I would imagine this to cause trouble with the animations of the umbilical tower. So it's not just a case of switching out the mesh.

Thanks for the reply. I realize that. There are probably other things to consider as well, such as location and exact positions of the of the LUT on the pad. I am just nor sure what files I would need to install everything I need to change in them. If someone could give me an idea of what files I would need to pick out
and copy over to whatever folders and where to find position and animation parts
from the original before I start.:):)

Last edited:

ShuttleCommander

Reaction score
Is there no one able to help me with this?:shrug:

Oh well, hopefully the final release will have a better LUT. The current one is really bad
compared to the AMSO one or even the one in kev shanovs' addon. I realize that this is still in beta though so having a great LUT may not be a big priority at this time.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Thymo

I like breaking things
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nassp.space
You might be able to do it if you replace everything relating to LC34. You'll also need to update the scenarios.

This isn't really a supported use case so I've got no idea what the implications might be when the LUT is suddenly yanked from NASSP and replaced with another one.

ShuttleCommander

Reaction score
You might be able to do it if you replace everything relating to LC34. You'll also need to update the scenarios.

This isn't really a supported use case so I've got no idea what the implications might be when the LUT is suddenly yanked from NASSP and replaced with another one.

Thanks, I may give that a try.:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

@Thymo that only changes LC34 and I forgot that the AMSO mesh is scrambled so that one doesn't work! What a mess.:rofl: I can not find the LUT mesh in the K-Craw-SAT-V-v10 addon.

Last edited:

Jordan

Reaction score
Still interested?

I would like to change the default LUT in NASSP V8.0 with the one in kev Shanovs' Saturn V Crawler Rollout ver10 addon. I am familiar with installing addons but I have never tried installing a small subset. I have Orbiter 2016 installed and the latest build of NASSP V8.0. Can anyone help me with this?

Look here
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=600787&postcount=7625

and here
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=600900&postcount=32

Last edited: