Announcement Changes for Political & Religious Topics - "The Basement"

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can move it there, but don't expect any new news from me posted on that thread. I observed that political discussions start on that thread after I post some news about NASA's future, so unless someone else will post news there, there will be no discussion. :p

Now some can decide what's politically correct. Poor Tex.:facepalm:

P.S. Requiring 'log in' to read political discusions here, otherwise they are not public, is censorship in it's own right.

Motive..?

Last edited:

replicant

The Wanderer
Reaction score
Maybe my account needs the priveleges added also. I can't see the basement.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
O-F Staff Note: due to the forum upgrade, the opt-in to the Basement is now on your Preferences page. Scroll down a little bit and look for this checkbox:

Screenshot 2022-03-02 211740.png

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just curious. What exactly is the Opt In checkbox supposed to do from a technical standpoint? If unchecked, should the basement still be visible, and the user just can't reply, or should that make The Basement not visible on the forum list?

1. Mine appears to be unchecked.
2. I can still see The Basement and the threads within.
3. I haven't tried to comment/reply simply because I have nothing to add to any of the current discussions.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Just curious. What exactly is the Opt In checkbox supposed to do from a technical standpoint? If unchecked, should the basement still be visible, and the user just can't reply, or should that make The Basement not visible on the forum list?

3. I haven't tried to comment/reply simply because I have nothing to add to any of the current discussions.
It takes time to opt in/opt out, and the Basement will become invisible if you uncheck the opt in box.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

Access to The Basement is controlled by a forum usergroup, ticking the box requests that the forum apply this usergroup to you. While checking your profile, I see that this group is indeed one attached to you, which is why you can see The Basement; I suspect this was added to your account before we moved to XenForo, as the mechanism for adding the group seems to have become disconnected from the group's existence in your profile.

I can remove the group from you, if you like.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. No need to remove, just wondered why there seemed to be a disconnect.