Problem cloud problem

autopilotman

Crash Test Dummy
Reaction score
when i run a scenario with the cloud layers on i get a whiteish grey (see picture 1) and when i get into space i get a white ground (see picture 2).
any ideas?

Attachments

• orbiter problem 1.JPG
    orbiter problem 1.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 19
  • orbiter problem 2.JPG
    orbiter problem 2.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 14

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Can you please post your exact system specs (CPU, video card brand and model, memory, video driver version, etc.) and Orbiter.log file? If this is happening on a clean installation it is most likely a video driver problem.

unknown_orbiter

Orbital Mystery
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What he said. Clean install errors are computer errors, and like he said associated with the Graphics Card. Re-install the LATEST driver software for your comp. Also, make sure that you in fact have not installed any mods. You might have a renegade readme.txt or a mod folder in your directory that will indicate this. If reinstalling driver software doesn't do it, just re-install orbiter. If that STILL doesn't fix it, curse the devil for blighting you so.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
when i run a scenario with the cloud layers on i get a whiteish grey (see picture 1) and when i get into space i get a white ground (see picture 2).
any ideas?

Well, what it's doing is painting a solid cloud layer. The white sky on the ground and the "white ground" from orbit are exactly what you get if the cloud texture is a solid, unbroken white. The problem is figuring out why it's painting the solid white texture instead of the more wispy and realistic pattern that's supposed to be there.

Does anybody know where he could find a fresh copy of Earth_cloud.tex so he can see if that file has been corrupted or something?

autopilotman

Crash Test Dummy
Reaction score
thanks guys but my computer is at least 5yrs old and im getting a new one soon anyway