News COVID-19 pandemic

What will happen after the Corona epidemic?

• The population of Asia will be reduced, accelerating the sustainable development.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • The major civilizations will collapse.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • The human race will end.

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Thank you. We have to follow all the measures to completely prevent COVID-19. While I will follow most of the measures, I may not follow the vaccination measure, since the vaccination program is waning in India. ?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Thank you. We have to follow all the measures to completely prevent COVID-19. While I will follow most of the measures, I may not follow the vaccination measure, since the vaccination program is waning in India. ?

What happened? Your government had cleared their national champion of a vaccine pretty early, despite the tests having methodic issues.

Here the vaccination FINALLY returned to some sanity, by following the standard processes and letting general practitioners handle it. The number of people vaccinated per day essentially doubled since, but this first success might again get limited by slow delivery of new doses by the manufacturers (who prefer to sell to the countries with the highest prices first)

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
On the contrary, in my news feed, India broke the record yesterday with 400,000 vaccinations a day.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Our health minister just resigned due to health reasons. He had burn-out syndrome some years before he took the office, so rumors had it that it is again the reason for his drop-out. Looks like this time it is some cardiovascular problem.
I doubt that this will help our already slow vaccination program to gain more traction. Looks like the "green pass" coming in June will give freedom back to only a minority here, mostly old people, health personal as well as some of the few queue-jumpers. Well, at least our testing infrastructure is good, so the rest of us can get tested every day to get a hair cut now and then.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
What happened? Your government had cleared their national champion of a vaccine pretty early, despite the tests having methodic issues.

Here the vaccination FINALLY returned to some sanity, by following the standard processes and letting general practitioners handle it. The number of people vaccinated per day essentially doubled since, but this first success might again get limited by slow delivery of new doses by the manufacturers (who prefer to sell to the countries with the highest prices first)
Making your own doesn't really help if you back the wrong horse... I mean we can wait, but it would be nicer to open up a bit more.

APDAF

Reaction score
Looks like the "green pass" coming in June will give freedom back to only a minority here, mostly old people, health personal as well as some of the few queue-jumpers. Well, at least our testing infrastructure is good, so the rest of us can get tested every day to get a hair cut now and then.

Get used to it, there is nothing more permanent than a temporary government measure.
Besides the hardcore cynic in me thinks such things like lockdowns and "freedom passports" where planned for a long time but for "Climate Emergencies" and the powers at be just go the perfect field test.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Get used to it, there is nothing more permanent than a temporary government measure.
Besides the hardcore cynic in me thinks such things like lockdowns and "freedom passports" where planned for a long time but for "Climate Emergencies" and the powers at be just go the perfect field test.

Well, that would be a bit like a conspiracy theory. You don't need such a theory, because the plan is clearly there in the open. It has already been published that the pandemic is a chance to establish a new economy for the better of us all. And of course things like climate change, diversity, equality and many more are part of this new economy.

I also don't think that it is a field test in terms of planned execution. The powers at be sure performed like being surprised by the pandemic, so either it is what it looks to be - a natural disaster - or "they" are great actors. I tend to believe the former.

I also think that the measures are here to stay, though. It will end if either the new economy is fully established, or if there is a violent revolution. I could now say something about pest or cholera, but in this context it gets old soon.

We will see, anyway. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, we have front-seats in these history-making events!

Challenger007

Reaction score
Eat more cheese:

Vaccination is not a panacea. This is an effective method of containing infection, but everything works together. Do not think that the dose of the vaccine eliminates the need to follow the rules of personal hygiene.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Vaccination is not a panacea. This is an effective method of containing infection, but everything works together. Do not think that the dose of the vaccine eliminates the need to follow the rules of personal hygiene.

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I did my first COVID-19 test today, still negative. Luckily the tests improved a lot since, and don't require you to risk a reset to factory settings anymore. Also, the registration and the interface to the official COVID warning app for Germany worked flawless, did the test at a local drugstore - and its still free.

For comparison, the test center by the state has no quick digital registration via internet, you don't get the results mailed or on your warning app and they require to take the samples through the mouth, which is very disgusting, especially if this is done on a child.

This means, I will spend the next morning to leave home early and sit around somewhere with a good Systems Engineering book while waiting for my daughter to finish her appointment there.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Uh, oxygen supply is becoming sparse over time in India. The COVID-19 variants in India are very dangerous than the previous variants. So, WHO scientists are trying to get some coronavirus from India to mutate to fight against the variants. Selucus, how diverse the country is!

Plus, the dream of a self-reliant India (aatmanirbhar Bharat) is damaged heavily by the second wave of the pandemic. India is relying upon China, USA, UK etc. countries and the European Union for oxygen cylinder, vaccine etc. I can't predict whether India will be politically dependent of another country after enjoying the 70+ years of independence because of these.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So, WHO scientists are trying to get some coronavirus from India to mutate to fight against the variants.
I sure hope they do not do that, but instead just use samples of it to check whether or not current vaccines help and how they could be improved.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Uh, oxygen supply is becoming sparse over time in India. The COVID-19 variants in India are very dangerous than the previous variants. So, WHO scientists are trying to get some coronavirus from India to mutate to fight against the variants. Selucus, how diverse the country is!

Plus, the dream of a self-reliant India (aatmanirbhar Bharat) is damaged heavily by the second wave of the pandemic. India is relying upon China, USA, UK etc. countries and the European Union for oxygen cylinder, vaccine etc. I can't predict whether India will be politically dependent of another country after enjoying the 70+ years of independence because of these.

Trying to be self-reliant is not that bad, but being part of a strong family is much better. Especially when things go bad. Its not the end of independence, if you sometimes have to also think about the other countries, be generous to others and try to find a way that makes life better for all.

Soheil_Esy

Fazanavard فضانورد
Reaction score
The human race will end.
First, the human race will not end. North Korea has proudly achieved zero covid cases reported as of May 2021, after a full year of total closure of its border, thus blocking all new strains from entering, such as the new French B1616 strain with 44% lethality.

The major civilizations will collapse.
Indeed it could end up in a major geopolitical polar reversal, as predicted by Soheil even before the start of the said COVID-19 pandemic, based on videomancy hints.

The population of Asia will be reduced, accelerating the sustainable development.

Let us examine the demographic history of Asia, and of the world's globally first.

12'000 Years Of World Population By Nation

Very interesting while rarely seen before animated graphic of 12'000 years of world demography.

Meaning any advanced exo-civilization would define humankind as Asian primarily (at the opposite of the Pioneer plaque).

Out of 12 millenia, Asia totally dominates in term of share of the world population.

India only falls a little bit back while staying among the top 2 demographic superpowers, at the turn of the 18th century, and re-emerging at the top position by 2024!

i.imgur.com/z5YzYgm.mp4 ; https://themasites.pbl.nl/tridion/en/themasites/hyde/basicdrivingfactors/population/index-2.html
1. Population Through the Ages.
12'000 years of population estimates are from the History Database of the Global Environment (HYDE).

Between 1975 and 2010, India's population doubled to 1.2 billion, reaching the billion mark in 1998.

This is overpopulation, as the Earth can not support that number of people, unless they live as sadhus in the jungle (Sadhu also spelled saadhu, is a religious ascetic, mendicant or any holy person in Hinduism and Jainism who has renounced the worldly life).

Meanwhile India at the expected peak is only to have 1 million COVID19 deaths. This is negligible for such a population of 1.39 billion.

Apr 24, 2021

1 million COVID19 deaths projected in India by August 2021. The model even assumes vaccines will bring it under control by May 17th (peak deaths).

God help us. God help India.

(Projections by the world renowned epidemiology center @IHME_UW)
https://covid19.healthdata.org/india?view=total-deaths&tab=trend

scr.png

https://archive.ph/6KumA/30b15ba3ad3a7672a53fe4cb79b74dbb1b26ddcd/scr.png ; http://web.archive.org/web/20210427130356/https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1386998523288334344 ; https://archive.ph/6KumA ; https://archive.ph/bDiSB ; https://archive.ph/bDiSB/bdb24fb2bc30346079bee7d4c150259c9a4e35fb/scr.png ; http://web.archive.org/web/20210427131321/https://covid19.healthdata.org/india?view=total-deaths&tab=trend
4. One million COVID19 deaths projected in India by August 2021. Apr 24, 2021·

Conclusion, no way East Asia's population could decrease.

And South Asia's not much.

As for South East Asia's and West Asia's, their fate are unknown (Turkey, Iran).

Remember the pandemic is far from being over.

According to videomancy hints:

The first year was the emergence of the pandemic. (2019-2020)

The second year saw the spread of strains (2020-2021)

The third year should see the start of the zombie apocalypse (2021-2022)

6e323515d66ee30841cae4a9a7318d3b72b3e685.gif

ae4ffdaeb02c2ea160fb33e41686a846f36755ca.gif

022c2d783cdf337beef335add6afdbf99880963d.png
4b7f704c1b6a7a2291742bd3986353bc70cc2569.png

:cool:?

Last edited:

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
The human race will end.
First, the human race will not end. North Korea has proudly achieved zero covid cases reported as of May 2021, after a full year of total closure of its border, thus blocking all new strains from entering, such as the new French B1616 strain with 44% lethality.
The polls were based on my years-old speculations about COVID-19, something that I have deleted in the first post of the thread. Anyway, the impact of COVID-19 in North Korea is controversial, and I don't necessarily believe in these tales of Kim Jong Un. See what @Urwumpe commented about this topic:
Hard to tell since the government there isn't exactly known to be honest about the wellbeing of their people... but there are some signs that its dire:

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
The human race for sure will end, one day, on this planet. I think the average surface temperature will be about 100°C in two billion years from now, as a result of the naturally increasing luminosity of the sun during its normal lifecycle ? (so we are well advised to support human space flight either way)

The Spanish flu hast cost more lives than Covid-19 does. WWII probably has cost even more lives than the Spanish flu. The world population back then was about 2 billion, so it has literally quadrupled despite war and the pandemic. Although growth decreases for decades, there is no sign that the human race is going to end anytime soon.

Despite all the bad news and things going on in the human world, there are good reasons for optimism. We have enormous capabilities, especially scientifically and technologically. I think our existence is still in its very early beginning. Not every culture will persist. And likely not billions of people. But curiosity and spirit of discovery will persist, beyond the gravitation of our planet and likely beyond the lifetime of this planet. We left the trees to travel into space in very short order. That's just breathtaking. We know what's around us - an entire universe. So we are likely the wealthiest species in the vicinity of our solar system. It's up to us.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Strange that B.1.617 is the French variant in those Chinese news (It was first discovered in India) and has completely different properties as the real B.1.617 (Far higher lethality as any real virus, that can spread out...)

Status
Not open for further replies.