Error Crash to desktop and critical errors

jimspurs1970

Reaction score
Good evening, this is my first post to Orbiter and must say I love this sim.

Have started using the 2016 version after a long break and have run in to a few problems.

95% of addons have failed....

E.G. the Pegasus voyage to the universe was installed, both 74mb and 95mb versions tried after fresh installs, none of them are showing any planet graphics, all are just white, when I hit F1 to use internal controls Orbiter crashed to desktop with a critical error.

I have added at least 8 other addons and every one of them fails, is gives me a critical error due to mesh or no ship dll's found.

All the addons have been unzipped using WinRAR directly in to the Orbiter main folder and they do show up in the menus, they just don't work.

My system is win7 64bit
Intel i5 quad
8gb ram
GTX 780 graphics...

Any help getting these addons working would be great thank you.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Many add-ons need to be recompiled using the Orbiter 2016 libraries, and the vast majority have not been, so the issue is most likely that the add-ons you are installing were compiled for a previous Orbiter version and so won't work in Orbiter 2016 until they are updated by their authors.

The first thing I would do is test a clean Orbiter 2016 installation. Then if that works, try installing one add-on at a time and testing each one. If it crashes, uninstall it (or just revert to a clean Orbiter install). Then repeat with each add-on you want to test. This should pin down which add-ons work with Orbiter 2016 and which do not.

You can also check out this thread for a list of known add-ons that work and do not work with Orbiter 2016.

P.S. :welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

jimspurs1970

Reaction score
Thank you dbeachy1, I did do the installs all on fresh installs, think I must have just been unlucky with my addon choices, will definitely try the link with the good and bad known ones, pick a couple that work and try them, will add to this post with results or PM you.

FYI Addons tried:

Shuttle Tiderium
Tie fighter pack
Pegasus
TransX
Warp (Worked :thumbup:)
Colonial one
Voyager Jupiter fly by

Thank you for quick reply.
Jim