Question Creating my own Spaceship

Timaman

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here.

I want to make my own spaceship, but I really have no idea what exactly to do. I have created the 3d model for the spaceship, with main engines, hover engines, a cockpit, and docking points. I want to know how I can take this 3d model and get it into orbiter with the effects and such. I've searched for tutorials but i havent been able to find any. If anyone can help me it would be pretty damn awesome. Thanks guys

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think you need to use the guide in the OAPI tutorial in the Doc folder/SDK folder in your Main Orbiter directory.

Timaman

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'll have a look and post any other questions in this thread.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Ok its telling me to create a "new vessel", and the nessessary entry, but on which document do I put this? Or do i need to make one?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That would be a new Visual Studio project. Orbiter vessels' logical models are written as dynamic link libraries in C++. Good luck.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
You have three options to bring a mesh into orbiter:

C++ (via a DLL)
Spacecraft3 or multistage
configuration file.

the configuration file is the easiest approach and will at least let you get the mesh into orbiter but it's nowhere near as powerful as C++

There are a lot of good tutorials here -> http://www.orbiter-forum.com/tutorials.php