day uno.

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
wow, what a day... I will start from the beginning.

At about 3:00 AM the fire alarm went off in the hotel, right on time for us to get up. when we got to checkout, the receptionist said "have a nice honeymoon!"... uh, yeah. the look I put on my face horrified her and I think she quit the job. my mother insisted that the airport was to the west, so as tradition served, we took the shuttle, and I was right, it was to the east. at 5:00 we got some breakfast and went to customs, who complained about my mothers laptop, saying that the battery was a potential explosive -___-. we somehow made it through customs unscathed. we got to the gate, on the plain, and into Amsterdam.

Amsterdam was FUN[/sarcasm]. we got to the passport check and the lady kept on saying that we had forged passports. we got that sorted out. we got our baggage, and set off for Rijen.

We arrived two hours later due to "minor traffic" and found out that my external hard-drive was wiped by the security scanners... so the Shuttle-A MK4 is once again on hold, as ALL of my code was on there and I dismantled my desktop (because I'm getting a new computer here, stupid, stupid... Stupid.).

Also, that drive had my steam account details on it, so buh-bie Half-Life 2.

Oh, and just to clarify, the dutch LOVE their bicycles.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I really doubt a scanner would wipe a drive... and you know it's a good idea to backup code don't you ?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Wow tough break. I've been through security scanners with my laptop over 20 times and never had an issue with lost data. That's very, very, very, very unusual for a security scanner.

Do you have backups?

Last edited:

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The X-ray scanner would not have wiped the hdd, now if you tried to take your hdd through the magnetometer, that's your problem and was a stupid idea.

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Did you let the hard drive go through the body scanner or through the carry-on luggage scanner? I always follow the instructions and let my laptop go through the luggage scanner. Has never been a problem.

And yes, the Dutch LOVE their bicycles. It's a convenient way to combine transport and physical exercise, and in a densely populated country like ours, distances are often short.

Also, did you notice that almost nobody wears bicycle helmets? Still, the Netherlands and Denmark (where bicycling is also popular, and without helmets) are the countries with the best bicycle safety in the world.