Problem Delta Glider IV terrain elevation problem

aloalo93

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I just installed the high resolution texture packs on Orbiter 2016 but now I have a problem on the moon. Brighton Beach is at an altitude of -2.5 km and the delta glider IV detects it as a crash when passing the 0 km level. Is there any possible fix for this issue ?

Thanks a lot

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to Orbiter-Forum! :cheers:

The DeltaGlider-IV is not compatible with Orbiter 2016, only with Orbiter 2010.

aloalo93

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer, but I thought this was one of the most popular spaceship for Orbiter, it's listed at the top of the addons and I'm using it since almost a decade. So this means nobody is using it right now with 2016 version ? The thing is the aircraft works pretty well apart from that minor bug so could I suggest somewhere this small update to make it still usable ? Or could I do the modification myself by any mean ?

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The add-on's author is aware of the issues, but currently there's no estimate on when or if an 2016-compatible version will be released. As it is closed-source, you can't fix them yourself.

aloalo93

Reaction score
Okey I see, thanks for your answer. I found a home fix that will fit for me for the moment :

Sans titre.png

Brighton Beach is now at (lon 40.85, lat 40.55) on the top of a mountain by editing the Brighton.cfg file in the Config folder. The landing altitude is about 0.1 km.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I just installed the high resolution texture packs on Orbiter 2016 but now I have a problem on the moon. Brighton Beach is at an altitude of -2.5 km and the delta glider IV detects it as a crash when passing the 0 km level. Is there any possible fix for this issue ?

Thanks a lot
Actually, there are some workarounds you can use with the DG-IV, though I haven't tried it on the moon in O2016 yet, so I couldn't tell you about that.
However, for example, you can deal with the crazy yaw trim on Earth runways, by taking off using PRO110SPEC0, using your wheel brakes to steer, and then switching to the launch autopilot once in stable flight. On the runway it handles a bit like a P-51:p

I downloaded 2016 a couple months ago, and the eye candy is stunning. The only thing keeping me from using it full time the lack of UMMU compatibility.