General Question DGIV on Orbiter2016?

namrehtaew

Reaction score
Hi all, Getting back into Orbiter after a 10 year break! Simple question...Does Delta Glider IV work with Orbiter2016?

Thanks all....

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Not yet. I'm pretty sure there was a member here (whose also a member of Dan's forum) that there wouldn't be anything until the official Orbiter '16 release. Now that it's out it'll be a matter of time until DGIV's again are tearing up the airspace (and space-space).

Until then, don't overlook the XR Fleet!
http://www.alteaaerospace.com/

And welcome to the forums! :welcome:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Actually, I am getting very concerned about Dan Steph. He hasn't been active in months, and there has been no word from him since Orbiter 2016 was released.

I hate to sound like we only care or notice that he is missing when we want something from him, but I would have expected to hear from him by now. Even if it is just to say hello or that he won't be able to update his stuff for a while.

I hope that he is doing well.

namrehtaew

Reaction score
Hi, On the Altea Aerospace website it says that Dan Steph's Orbiter Sound +UMmu are both required on top of the XR fleet installs. As UMmu is part of the DGIV package which is not yet compatible with Orbiter2016, I think I will wait until everything is upgraded to work on the latest version of Orbiter.
I have had a few hard lockups which are most likely caused by the old Orbitersound.
Think I will install Orbiter2010 until the above is sorted!

Thanks for your help everyone!

Treetop64

Reaction score
Just did a manual install of Dan's DGIV into Orbiter 2016 and it seems to run just fine.

I like to use it in "hard-core" mode with the smallest fuel and oxygen reserves, and using the MkI 50 KN engine. Thing is, I used Kulch's HCLV-4 Hyperion Sidemount to get it into orbit Space Shuttle style in Orbiter 2010 (as shown in my avatar), but unfortunately Orbiter 2016 crashes whenever I install and try to use the HCLV-4. I'd be real happy to see the HCLV made compatible with O-2016.

davep

Reaction score
I used the installer and just targeted my Orbiter2016 folder and it also works fine for me.

Dave