Gaming Digital Combat Simulator Thread

gamer19

Reaction score
Seriously. I don't have any hope of running DCS on my machine but the eye-candy is off the charts.
I feel your pain mate :ROFLMAO::(

I have just watched some of their latest videos, like Sinai map, Mirage F1, aaaaand....

this one 😱

to the untrained eye this may look like extended Top Gun Maverick footage 😨

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
I feel your pain mate :ROFLMAO::(

I have just watched some of their latest videos, like Sinai map, Mirage F1, aaaaand....

this one 😱

to the untrained eye this may look like extended Top Gun Maverick footage 😨

I'm waiting for them to simulate shore leave and the bar scene at ports of call around the world. Full immersion. :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Only realistic, if the crew of a single US ship manages to leave all pubs of a German harbour town in ruins. ;)

(USS Iowa, Kiel week 1989. Must have been a really wild night)

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Only realistic, if the crew of a single US ship manages to leave all pubs of a German harbour town in ruins. ;)

(USS Iowa, Kiel week 1989. Must have been a really wild night)
That must have been the Iowa's last cruise. Last chance to drink all the German lager.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Learning a lot with the Mirage 2000C module. Now I can start up the engine from cold, align the INS and get in the air without having alarms, which is a progress ! Now I have to master the radar better in order to become somewhat operational.

Also this free mod has the reputation of being one of the best :

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I tried those settings and I'm quite amazed of what my old GTX 1050 Ti can still do, even in 2560x1440 :

Getting more and more acquainted with the 2000's weapons systems. The radar isn't as powerful as the ones you have on US fighters, that's something to keep in mind. But if you know where to search and focus your beam a bit, it sure works. Another limitation is the lack of LASER pod for A/G, though you can carry GBUs, you have to rely on allied forces to be accurate.

I like the INS and I love the idea it is somehow "self-sufficient" and doesn't require a GPS fix to work. But again nothing is free you have to do a "landmark fix" every 30 minutes to stay accurate in terms of meters. I have to explore the ways to use it for precision bombing.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
I recently picked up the F-15E, in parte since playing far too much Jane's F-15 as a kid made it a must-have.

It's also made by RAZBAM, like the Mirage 2000C, and despite being just released in early access it's already quite fleshed out system's wise.

As opposed to the F-14, the rear cockpit also has flight controls, making it a fairly good trainer in DCS - both seats can fundamentally do the same things, and if the WSO for example is using and manipulating the A/G radar, the front seat can see what is being done: which modes are selected, where the cursor is going, and so on.

Recently I've been flying it with a friend and as of the last update the sync between the cockpits has been working very well.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That day, the US armored offensive was halted by a traffic jam caused by an old bus that broke down. :salute:

Screen_230622_010322.jpg