Gaming Digital Combat Simulator Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I added the Mig to the Airshow map. Anyone up for some aerobatics this saturday? :D

Depends on the time, last weekend was a bit bad because of university stuff, this one has a mandatory lecture, but I am not yet sure if this mandatory also applies to me (since it is either for group A or group B, but I still don't know my group at all, thanks to the speed of email)

And i hope you don't mind me doing Sabre Aerodynamics. :D Can you maybe add a small target for training idiots loops?

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
And i hope you don't mind me doing Sabre Aerodynamics. :D Can you maybe add a small target for training idiots loops?
The map does actually have a square of pylons between the two runways which can be used for a wide variety of purposes. ;)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
The map does actually have a square of pylons between the two runways which can be used for a wide variety of purposes. ;)

I saw pylons when we flew last week but they appeared to be... limp ?

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I added the Mig to the Airshow map. Anyone up for some aerobatics this saturday? :D

Uh oh...
http://imgur.com/a/vPO9J

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Wanted to do some Campaign today. There's apparently a bug where I can't start in the right aircraft...
Before you update and play, backup your logbook or campaigns may break it.

Last edited:

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
I saw pylons when we flew last week but they appeared to be... limp?
Yep, that's probably the case. The pylons are unfortunately not of very convincing quality. :p

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Sorry for me being late. I had a real flight task today, that took longer than expected.

Server is open now.
Richy's Pirate Flight School
No Password

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yep, that's probably the case. The pylons are unfortunately not of very convincing quality. :p

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Sorry for me being late. I had a real flight task today, that took longer than expected.

Server is open now.
Richy's Pirate Flight School
No Password

Have to pass ... Friend invaded my house... also I have an early appointment tomorrow ... getting my new car ...

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Impressions of the Airsho Session

Fabrizio doing a spectacular heavy helo display (Respect!):

Nice display of the MiG-29 by Sammy (?):

A colorful sky over Batumi:

Sammy giving some personal autographs a pretty girl he found in the crowd:

E

ex-orbinaut

Looks like you had quite a show!
:10sign:

Managed my fourth flight in the F-86 this evening. Drop tank management, played around with the pressurization controls while watching the cabin altitude, and made my first attempt at using the Manual Pip dive bombing system. Some more practice needed, but it is interesting. And I finally figured out the use of the F-86's radio. Fruitful flight.

But the main attraction; before playing I had a browse around the DCS website (rare that I do this) and found some skins for the F-86. One got my attention, of the 25th Fighter Squadron. I had a model with that insignia years ago, with the chessboard tail. But there's more. It was of John Glenn's F-86. As an orbinaut, I could not very well pass :).

picture.php

Note however; The one you can download off the DCS site is a bit flawed, as it seems to be an early version, but I found the same skin, fixed, at another location, here.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nearly got him myself... AA was faster.
Screen_140922_184644.jpg

This was a bit easier...
Screen_140922_184945.jpg

I think we need a crane here...
Screen_140922_185534.jpg

After two Strela-1 hits. Turning only with rudder, barely enough power to keep her flying.
Screen_140922_185658.jpg

Another pair of Strela-1s took out the pilot...
Screen_140922_185845.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday:

Screen_140920_215647.jpg

Screen_140920_220803.jpg

Screen_140920_224647.jpg

Screen_140920_225938.jpg

Screen_140920_230201.jpg

Screen_140920_230309.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anybody up for a next session the coming saturday? Airshow or weapons training?

I would like to... hopefully this time without sudden visits of friends. :lol:

And no idea what... weapons training with the F-86F could get fun.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
I'd also be up for it! Weapons training is fine, but if we could have a soft/relatively undefended target waypoint I'd like to practice flying the Mi-8. :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'd also be up for it! Weapons training is fine, but if we could have a soft/relatively undefended target waypoint I'd like to practice flying the Mi-8. :)

I agree... AAA is fine, but any SAM would be really tough for the F-86F. :lol: Actually, even AAA can be pretty annoying if you are caught at the wrong maneuver.

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Ok then... I have the old weapons training mission still laying around, where the targets are all sorted well on not really defended by airdefence. I adjust this mission with the new toys and open it saturday.