disappearing models?

exxon

Reaction score
hey guys! i've just downloaded orbiter2006 p1 and installed vinka's spaceship3.dll mod, i just have one question, does anyone know why ship model (x-15, or shuttle etc) dissapears when i jettison the extra fuel tanks etc? i've been trying to look for a solution to this but so far no avail, any help would be appreciated. thanks...

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Waouhhhh Orbiter 3006, it must be great. I want it :rofl:
I wonder if we got DX9 graphics implemented by then. :p

To answer the original question: Can you post a screenshot so we can see what you're describing?

dvd100

Reaction score
I've the same problem.. The model seems to be larger and I've to reduce the zoom to see it..

Robsoie

Reaction score
Do you have some models, the sky or anything disappearing when you zoom on them on external view ?

If indeed you have noticed this problem sometime during your flights, maybe the problem is the same as this one, due to some missing dll
(i had a disappearing models problems myself when i first installed Orbiter and adding the .dlls fixed it totally).

See this thread

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've had this problem every so often. I have two suggestions:

1. Try running the addon in question on a clean Orbiter installation to see if the models keep disappearing, and

2. Once the model disappears, Quicksave, exit, and then open the quicksave to see if the model is there again.

oldcoach

Reaction score
Orbiter Root Directory?

The disappearing models problem has almost caused me to abandon Orbiter. I downloaded the appropriate DLL's to place in the Orbiter root directory. My question may seem very dumb, but where is the orbiter root directory?

Thanks,
Old Coach

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The disappearing models problem has almost caused me to abandon Orbiter. I downloaded the appropriate DLL's to place in the Orbiter root directory. My question may seem very dumb, but where is the orbiter root directory?

Thanks,
Old Coach

It's the directory you unzipped everything to. The directory where orbiter.exe is. It should have a bunch of subdirectories like Config\ and Doc\ and Scenarios\.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have the same problem (ships disappearing randomly until I scroll out or change the FOV...only to have it happen again 5 minutes later).

However...the DLLs in question ARE in my Windows directory, Windows disallows replacing them, and putting them in the Orbiter root directory does absolutely nothing. Happens on "clean" installs and "built up" installations.

Any other suggestions?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Can you please post your system specs (CPU, memory, and in particular, video card brand and video memory)? If the problem occurs on a completely clean installation, it sounds like a video driver problem or your card has a marginal amount of video RAM.