Search Dive bomber

Artymaster

Reaction score
i searched, and did not find anything, when i looked on avism it said their library was down for now. Has anyone seen any dive bombers anywhere? For playacting battles and runs and just having bomber fun???

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Errr, Orbiter is not really that kind of simulator

You might be better off with FSX for that kind of thing.

Artymaster

Reaction score
well i have recently been playing around with the B2 and the bomb mfd to play around and its hard to dive with that, so i was just thinking, if anyone finds one let me know please

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Dive bombing is a rather old-fashioned tactic. Before the advent of modern gunsights and guided weaponry, it was much more precise than level bombing. Nowadays, however, that isn't true, and dive bombing hasn't really been common since WWII. Modern planes will often actually climb while releasing their bombs so as to be able to release them farther from the target.

Artymaster

Reaction score
me wanting a dive bomber, truly is not for realistic or purposeful reason. All i wanted was to play around with it. That is why i did not ask to make on just to find one because its not really important.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
More important: Guided bombs made dive bombing obsolete. You often don't even need to aim the bomb at all, you just need to drop it roughly in direction of the target.

Ideally so, that it's glide would make it overshoot the target without the guidance - that way you have much more energy on impact for bunker busters.

I think you would be better served with other simulations though, as orbiter lacks many features you would expect for really simulating war.

(But we can do ballistic missiles WAY more realistic)

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Falcon 4 simulates this. Add in OpenFalcon or one of the other upgrade packages and you have a variety of weapons to play with.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Or you can just take a jet and climb to FL100, spin 180 degrees, dive into a 70 degree dive. Make sure it is not to steep or it will not release. Then hit the speed brake and pitch up. Lol.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
or do the opposite:

asat-away.png

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
That looks awesome. Only thing I wish is that the aircraft for Orbiter are more agile and smoother.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
For me the aircraft is simply the delivery platform for the ASAT. the main action is at orbital altitude.